November 26, 2014, 04:50:38 PM

Author Topic: Why canon sucks ass:  (Read 6188 times)

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Why canon sucks ass:
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »
http://aphotocontributor.typepad.com/aphotocontributor/2012/04/sea-change.html

This is is an asinine guy, if you can get through that pile of hate and and and weird chronology you will find a few things he is right about, possibly, definitely about CPS.

There are also fun posts about how he hates quite literally everyone, especially people with monopods who wish they were pro and who don't properly name their files with dates and S___ and take photographs of streets that isn't quite street photography and also has proof as to why americans (he probably means U.S. Citizens, I dunno) are stupid.

canon rumors FORUM

Why canon sucks ass:
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:55:05 AM »

PhilDrinkwater

Re: Why canon sucks ass:
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »
It's just a bunch of random hate. I skim read it.

The odd thing for me is that people think the grass is greener on the other side.

I know Nikon shooters. My friend bought a d4. He's found his viewfinder has a section which is out of focus. I held his d4 in my hands and it was really quite uncomfortable in my hands. There's loads and loads of problems with the d800 - some pretty significant ones it seems - and a retailer recently said that Nikon is lying to them about when their cameras are arriving.

Things are not perfect on either side and the sooner people realise that, the better :)

RuneL

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »

The odd thing for me is that people think the grass is greener on the other side.

I know Nikon shooters. My friend bought a d4. He's found his viewfinder has a section which is out of focus. I held his d4 in my hands and it was really quite uncomfortable in my hands. There's loads and loads of problems with the d800 - some pretty significant ones it seems - and a retailer recently said that Nikon is lying to them about when their cameras are arriving.

Things are not perfect on either side and the sooner people realise that, the better :)

Nice portfolio, Mr Drinkwater.

What really gets up my trumpet is how angry he is. I don't get it.

well_dunno

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »

Just a humble guess;

If I am not mistaken, Canon did almost gain itself the title "evil company" some time ago. My take is, when features of Canon bodies are not found to be good, some people see it as "produced as such intentionally by Canon" whereas when it concerns Nikon, it is more frequently seen as unintentional but rather as an "inability", more of a "they could not do any better". Basically where the reason of "the annoyance" is attributed seem to differ... Naturally, the reality is not black and white as such, but this might be just a tendency among some people...

So it is perhaps more of a loving and hating the evil precious?

kraats

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:21:58 AM »
Seems the author of that article is a dumbass

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »

Nice portfolio, Mr Drinkwater.

There are fair points in there, but the points are swamped by all of the hate. To be honest, it sounds like a personal issue rather than a professional / business one. It lost all semblance of credibility.

A particular low point is when he's having a go at the 1dx name. The name? Seriously?

Really it's just silly. If someone wants to switch and believe that everything is perfect with Nikon, great :) Just do it.

ideaworx

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • fishing x photography
    • View Profile
    • SaltHD
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

+1
5DM3 x Some Lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

scottkinfw

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • kasden.smug.com
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:32:27 AM »
Disclaimer:  "I am not a prude"

That said, and without seeming the hypocrite, I could not finish this article due to the expletives, slang, and disgruntled rants. He may or may not have valid points, but I won't waste my time sorting through this ill-mannered individuals writing.  Too bad, it sounded like it could have been much more than it was.

+1
sek Cameras: 5D III, 5D II, EOS M  Lenses:  24-70 2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4L, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 300 f4L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8 Flashes: 580 EX II600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

dafrank

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • davidfranklinphoto.com
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
Pathetic hater. Irrational, snobby, with a wholly undeserved but very high sense of self-regard. Whether he likes Nikons more than Canons is irrelevant; what matters is that he comes off as a nasty person who thinks he knows more than he does. Painful to read.
Outcomes are more important than intentions.
See my work at: http://www.davidfranklinphoto.com

iso79

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
What an idiot. I'm curious. Is there a Canon version of this guy?
5D Mark III | 5D Mark II | 17-40mm f/4L | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II | 135mm f/2L

Orion

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
No matter how obtuse or exagerated or irrational this person's beef is. . . . it does make you remember that it was NIkon that had better AF and better ISO and DR . . . . . dare I say "ETC, etc etc."

Like most companies, sometimes I get the odd feeling that Canon buys the cheapest rods and the best hooks to get most of the fish in the sea.

It does make you wonder why a company that creates these 150MP sensors, and manufactures all these medical systems, etc etc etc, that they can't be at least on par with ISO and AF with Nikon . . . until NOW, anyway. Even the better mnenue system on the Nikon and ergonomics . .. until NOW.

I love Canon, and I appreciate Nikon. 

+1
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:53:26 AM by Orion »

michi

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »
Sounds like someone just jotted down what they were thinking without filtering it for the public.  I think it's fine, he seems to know what he's doing.  Although he is kind of trying a little too hard to make himself feel better about switching systems.

tomscott

• 5D Mark III
  • Graphic Designer & Photographer
    • View Profile
    • Tom Scott | Photography
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »
I found this quite humorous.

Pictures speak louder than words.

He refused to post them more than once int he same article.
5D MKIII 40D 17-55mm F2.8 IS 16-35mm F2.8 II L 24-70mm F2.8 L 24-105mm F4 IS L 100mm F2.8 IS L 70-200mm F2.8 IS II L 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS L 50mm F1.8 2x Ex 580EX

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 10:35:08 AM »

Invertalon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 10:51:05 AM »
Once I saw how long the article was, I closed it out.

Anybody have a cliff-notes version of this?  :o

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »
...you will find a few things he is right about, possibly, definitely about CPS.

Really?

I got some email that had CPS on it so I totally thought it was CPS-oriented.   RSVP’d as I was interested in seeing the C300 cine camera Canon was touting.  Turned out it was a Canon Live Learning event yet they spammed their CPS members for good measure.  When I was in line I could tell that perhaps 1 in 50 of these people actually used their cameras to make money.  The rest were lookie-loos taking time off from “forum patrol”...

Translation: I am too lazy to actually read the content of an email, so I'd rather click a link in it, sign up to go some place, and actually drive down there and stand in line without bothering to have figured out what it was that I was attending.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised...after all, he also took the time to write and post this rambling drivel.  What was he, then, a lookie-loo taking time off from bloggy bull$h!t?

Many words come to mind.  Idoit, fool and douche are a few of the more polite ones. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:54:46 AM by neuroanatomist »
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »