July 22, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Author Topic: When do we get DPReview and CanonRumors reviews of 5DIII?  (Read 1790 times)

olivier

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
When do we get DPReview and CanonRumors reviews of 5DIII?
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »
Why still no review from our two major sources of info? is it the light leak issue?

canon rumors FORUM

When do we get DPReview and CanonRumors reviews of 5DIII?
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: When do we get DPReview and CanonRumors reviews of 5DIII?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
CR has no control of DPR reviews, so we don't know the answer.  However, the question has been asked many times on DPR, and the answer is always the same.  They conduct testing after they get a camera to test, and spend a lot of time carefully testing it.  It takes a very skilled person to conduct the test, and since they received the D800 first, it was done first.  The 5D MK III will probably be ready in 2-3 weels or less, based on past timing.

CR does not yet have a dedicated professional camera tester / reviewer, and you may not see a review right away.  They are changing the forum software to vbulletin, and that is a really big job to switch and to import all the posts to new software.  The final result will be more and better features, but it might be a bit of a learning curve at first.  I've played with the beta version a bit, it works well for a first rough cut, but there are issues with importing posts with images.  There are only a couple of long time members able to try it at this point, so don't ask, I can't link anyone.

ScottyP

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Check out the good review on The Digital Picture.  http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-DSLR-Camera-Review.aspx  Hopefully sharing a link to another website won't get me "thwacked" with a monopod or anything...
Canon 6D; Canon Lenses: EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 85 f/1.8; EF-S 17-55 f/2.8; Canon 1.4x Mk. III T.C.; Sigma Lens: 35mm f/1.4 "Art"

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing.
I had not been aware that the 5D Mark III review has been completed (seems I have been too busy lately).

No, I am not going to thwack you with a monopod or tripod for linking that.  :D

psolberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
who cares? Is there something about the 5DmkIII that dpreview is going to find that nobody else has? are you going to decide to get one just be because of what they say?

It is the same as in the case of the D800. Everybody who wanted one already ordered and Dpreview said absolutely nothing new about that camera. The same will happen with the D5MKIII.

DPreview is so slow to come up with reviews that they are downright irrelevant at this point.

RichATL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 08:17:40 PM »
who cares? Is there something about the 5DmkIII that dpreview is going to find that nobody else has? are you going to decide to get one just be because of what they say?

It is the same as in the case of the D800. Everybody who wanted one already ordered and Dpreview said absolutely nothing new about that camera. The same will happen with the D5MKIII.

DPreview is so slow to come up with reviews that they are downright irrelevant at this point.

QFT

Rent one and do your own tests...

HeavenHell

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
The June edition of What Digital Camera (interactive magazine) reviewed both the Mark III and the D800 and gave them equal scores of 92%.  For what it's worth, they also reviewed the Sony A57 and gave it a 90%.
Canon T2i, 7D, 5DM3
24-105 f/4L, 70-200 f/4L, 85 f1.8, 100 f/2.8 Macro, 50 f/1.4, 17-55 f/2.8, Tamron 90 f/2.8, 70-300 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »