September 22, 2014, 04:20:33 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-3D Surfaces Again [CR1]  (Read 6484 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon EOS-3D Surfaces Again [CR1]
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
3D for the megapixel lover
The Canon EOS-3D has been a rumored camera since before rumor sites, and every so often a flurry of new rumors under the moniker “EOS-3D” surface.

Recently a suggestion that a new “high megapixel” camera will be around by spring 2013 has come about. It’s reported that at least a couple of test bodies are being used in the US and in Asia.

While I don’t doubt high megapixel sensors are in testing, it’s probably too early to nail down exact specs. I also dislike the name “3D” if a product doesn’t actually shoot 3D.

Another suggestion is the 1D C isn’t going to be the only Cinema EOS DSLR by the end of 2013.

Source: [NL] & CR

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon EOS-3D Surfaces Again [CR1]
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

HurtinMinorKey

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
Re: Canon EOS-3D Surfaces Again [CR1]
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
<p>Another suggestion is the 1D C isn’t going to be the only Cinema EOS DSLR by the end of 2013.</p>

5D-C. It's got to come, if for no other reason than to justify the nerfing of the video on the 5D3.

PhilDrinkwater

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
I doubt it'd be called a 3d... I'm sure there is something in production.

Hopefully you can see the focus points ;)

jweu

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
With a new megapixel body, there should be a new 50mm with an aspherical lens as well.
Where is the MTF of the new EF 24-70 L II with a curve of 150 lines per mm?
The technical data of the lenses are no longer meeting the the capabilities of the bodys.

I would expect an expensive "EF 50mm f/2 L IS" prime with an aspherical lens for best image quality as well.

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:03:47 PM »
Yeah, yeah, but how much dynamic range will it have ;D?

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »
I doubt it'd be called a 3d... I'm sure there is something in production.

3DX

Louis

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
I'm really hoping this is the case, this if true and all seems OK, will be my next upgrade, I'm skipping the 5D3!! fingers crossed!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
Please Canon, don't call anything 3D...... unless it's 3D

and make sure it's got lots of black tape

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »
Typical, just a day after I get my EOS 3 in the mail, now there's rumours that it might finally be becoming obsolete.

Would the EOS 3D have the f/8 45pt eye-control focus too then?
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

CanonFanBoy

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9888"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9888" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=9888"></a></div>
<strong>3D for the megapixel lover<br />

</strong>The Canon EOS-3D has been a rumored camera since before rumor sites, and every so often a flurry of new rumors under the moniker “EOS-3D” surface.</p>
<p>Recently a suggestion that a new “high megapixel” camera will be around by spring 2013 has come about. It’s reported that at least a couple of test bodies are being used in the US and in Asia.</p>
<p>While I don’t doubt high megapixel sensors are in testing, it’s probably too early to nail down exact specs. I also dislike the name “3D” if a product doesn’t actually shoot 3D.</p>
<p>Another suggestion is the 1D C isn’t going to be the only Cinema EOS DSLR by the end of 2013.</p>
<p>Source: [<a href="http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_3d.html" target="_blank">NL</a>] & CR</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

If Canon thinks that to come out a new body by increasing the mega pix to compete with Nikon D800 ... please think again .... it is really not about mega pixels anymore .... it is more about sensor quality and technology that the market is after now! Adding more pixels into the same 2005 silicon die, year in and year out, simply doesn't work anymore this time .... it is more about colour depth (16-bits), dynamic range (14 stops) and low light capability that give Medium Format a real run for its money that the market is after this time!!!! 

briansquibb

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »
Perhaps a 16bit ADC to get a class leading DR

paul13walnut5

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 07:10:50 PM »
@drcroubie

ooh I hope so!   ECF is one of my most missed things, that and the original implemenation of the DEP mode.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
@drcroubie

ooh I hope so!   ECF is one of my most missed things, that and the original implemenation of the DEP mode.

Oh yeah, and the focus-point-linked spot-metering that hasn't reared its head in a non 1-series since...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »

BillyBean

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
I too would love eye control focus - I'm upgrading my EOS 3 (the original - with ECF) to a 5D3 at the weekend, and will miss it a great deal.

But let's get real: the 5D3 does not have ECF, even though it is focussed on sport, wedding and events, where it would have real value, particularly if the spot metering was linked to it, as in the EOS3 classic.

The chances of a 3DX having it, when it is likely targeted at landscape and studio, are remote in my view.

And I reckon it will cost more than the 5D3 too...

But who knows. Stranger things have happened.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »
Only this time make it a flash controller too.  As great as the wireless is on the 7D and 600D, the flash strobes are a bit of a pain.  Not as much as keeping stocks of 2CR5's for my old ST-E2, thought it's master slave communication system was nicer in use.

They aren't going to bring back ECF, if they had been committed it would have been in the 1v.

Don't know why they dropped it, it works very well for me, and for the folk who aren't willing to set it up properly, who it simply didn't work for, or who hated it (and I've seen some vitriol directed towards it) there was always the off switch.

Gosh, an EOS DSLR with video and with ECF!!!   That would drive some of the forum users potty!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »