May 21, 2018, 01:46:15 AM

Author Topic: 5DM3 serial number  (Read 8298 times)

Hesham

I really can't believe
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
that there are still some people mention the cap-on thing even after Canon's acknowledgment, and even after canon holding all old cameras and only resume selling new 'fixed' versions. From what planet they are?

I can understand they were stuck with their camera's which they cannot return and are reluctant to open it by Canon for a fix. But they should not misinform others who still have the chance to correct their situation and get a fixed body.

As I suggested earlier, anybody getting an old version now SHOULD return it.

I wouldn't worry. Just don't shoot with the lens cap on with the LCD illuminated at the same time  ;D

My 1st 5dm3 has a "1" in the serial number and my 2nd has a "3"... They both perform the same...not unless im taking pictures of the back of a lens cap can I tell which is which... Other then that theyre both perfectly fine.

canon rumors FORUM

I really can't believe
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »

bycostello

• EOS 5DS R
    • London Weddings
Re: 5DM3 serial number
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
is it ok and are you happy with it?  besides the number....

Sony

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »
I just received my 5diii last night from a small vendor. It is the last one in stock from the first wave of shipping before Canon's holding due to light leak issue. I thought it's 6th digit serial number must have been "1" or "2" and it was OK because I couldn't wait and never took pics in extreme dark situation.  I placed order with assuming of #"1".
But finally it's "3". What can we tell here? #"3" doesnt mean new stock and #"1" or #"2" dont mean old stock either.
So before returning, you should re-think if you would use it in extreme dark situation. If you would, then whether the 5diii is from the stock shipped before or after Canon's holding.
Cheers

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »