August 22, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

Author Topic: Canon to Announce 2 Cameras in June [CR2]  (Read 18995 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon to Announce 2 Cameras in June [CR2]
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
June is the month
Received information from various places that Canon will announce 2 new cameras in June (not including PowerShot updates).

One camera will be an EOS (650D) and the other will be a mirrorless entry.

I’m sure we’re going to start seeing more information in the coming weeks. I also expect Canon to spend a bit of marketing dollars on a mirrorless camera. Maybe we’ll see some teasers.

c

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon to Announce 2 Cameras in June [CR2]
« on: May 16, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

Strobe the globe

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 60D | 10-22mm, 18-200mm, 50mm | Speedlite 600EX-RT
    • View Profile
    • Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT
Re: Canon to Announce 2 Cameras in June [CR2]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
Wow - I'm very interested in the mirror-less entry. I wonder what it's video capability will be like.

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
Is there any chance the mirror-less camera will use EF lenses?

Hope it won't have video, save on costs (only joking honest  ;D)

Z

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:50:01 AM »
Is there any chance the mirror-less camera will use EF lenses?

Hope it won't have video, save on costs (only joking honest  ;D)

If it could, I would guess it would be via an adapter.  Unless it was a full-frame mirrorless, in which case most EF lenses are quite large for a mirrorless system...

Lee Jay

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
I'd put the chances of the mirrorless entry of being even remotely interesting at less than 25%.  The Nikon at least has phase-detection AF which none of the others do, and none of the others have any interesting features at all.  My bet is that it's going to be way too big to replace compacts or smartphones for those that use those devices and way too weak in the performance area to replace dSLRs for those that use them.

But maybe Canon will surprise me.

Danack

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »
My prediction as per the previous thread - the other camera will be basically a 5dmkIII with the mirror removed.

Same sensor and video capabilities, but with mirror, penta-prism, phase-detect autofocus and one of CF or SD card  removed (and maybe plastic rather than magnesium body) would produce a high quality camera at a low price which would not cannibalize 5D mkIII sales.

I'd prefer it if Canon released a high megapixel SLR camera - but the 5D is positioned at such a high price they seem to have deliberately left a hole in the market for a non-SLR high quality camera at much lower price.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
"It's like a million users cried out and were suddenly si . . . well, took to the discussion boards to gripe"

Haven't we had enough of the experimental stuff?  The new rebel will sell super well, which makes sense, but honestly, don't we DESERVE a refreshed 60D/7D?  Say, best features of both, and add DigicV . . . please?

No? Didn't think so.   ;D  If wishes were fishes the sea would be full :)
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »

Ricku

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »
Please oh pleaaaaaseee, let it be a full frame mirrorless!

Then Canon can just shut up and take my money.

Longkou

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 09:45:18 AM »
Canon, if clever can really do well in the mirrorless market. As stated elsewhere on the net, Canon users seem to be waiting for Canon to put something on the table before they dive into buying something from another camera brand.

I'm one of them and have been thinking about going for Fuji or Olympus but if Canon bring out something close to what has been speculated about im in!

schlotz

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »
So who has worked in the field with a mirrorless body.  Try doing very early morning and very late afternoon landscape work and see how pleased you'll be. The optical viewfinder lcd is the weak link here. Great idea but at the moment a "nitch" market at best.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:47:20 AM by schlotz »

TW

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Looks like 8 or maybe even 10 new Canon cameras in 2012!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »
Wow. Of course, that's not even including compacts. Let's see:

Full Frame: 1Dx, 5D3, 3D (hi Mpix), 9D (entry level), and a mirrrorless FF (we'll see).

Crop Frame: 7D2, 70D (or maybe an amalgam of the 2), 650D, a second Rebel (I dont follow the nomenclature), and a crop-frame mirrorless camera.

Well, hey;  it IS a rumor site, OK?  Still and all, I wouldn't bet against any of these, except maybe the FF mirrorless. Maybe someday, but I doubt it will show up this year.

What say ye?

*Oh, and that's not even including the Cinema Line of cameras! Double-Wow!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:52:23 AM by TW »
35+ years of Canon gear...good grief! Still have 2 FTb cameras in working order, too!

rushmore77

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:14 AM »
Don't get too excited.
It would take 6 more months to ship. 6 more months to "beta test" among the early adopters.
So we can pretty much ignore this kind of news these days.

Longkou

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
So who has worked in the field with a mirrorless body.  Try doing very early morning and very late afternoon landscape work and see how pleased you'll be. The optical viewfinder lcd is the weak link here. Great idea but at the moment a "nitch" market at best.

I think you miss the general jist of the rumor, its most likely going to be a compact system camera.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »

I think you miss the general jist of the rumor, its most likely going to be a compact system camera.

I think we can expect to see fewer compact system cameras (CSC). Or we should.

In the 2011 Annual Report, it mentions that the CSC market shrank and that they expect it to shrink again this year.

MacDarcy

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »
This is JUST the update i was waiting for! I wonder which one will get the FF treatment? Lol

Seriously tho, I've been waiting for the rebel update...and to hear that it might be released alongside Canon's first mirrorless camera. Hmm. Decisions decisions! Heh heh heh

Will have to wait and see what the features & price of each will be.

If either one turns out to be that low priced FF this site was talking about...that would be saweeeet. Not gonna hold my breath...but very drool worthy if true.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in. One more month baby! Not too long to wait. :-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 11:18:03 AM »