November 20, 2017, 08:16:06 PM

Author Topic: Who is waiting for Canon Mirrorless?  (Read 13028 times)

drjlo

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Who is waiting for Canon Mirrorless?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
Whatever Canon does, they'd better make sure their mirrorless body sports a regular Canon hotshoe, i.e. all the Canon and third party speedlites, triggers, and accessories.  If they put a dinky pop-up flash and skip the regular hotshoe, end of consideration.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »

dtameling

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
Give me a camera and ill get something good out of it.

I like the idea of mirrorless but with a canon system it would be nice to have the mirrorless compatible with my current SLR system. I've been waiting for canon to release its system and hopefully an EF adapter to mount my current lenses.

If a mirrorless system is released, Id probably just buy a Fast 50mm and the body only at release. I dont like the current offerings from other systems because of the reason above.

Impatience is an expensive commodity, and i'm willing to wait for canon. 8)

The small body combined with a fast prime is gold even without autofocus. Some of the best shots I've taken is gold. If Canon makes a mirrorless and doesn't include focus peaking, they lose...all cameras need an EVF or hybrid EVF and must have focus peaking in the future or I won't buy. Who cares how many AF points there are when I can see everything including DOF at a glance.

tnargs

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
....i hope they really use this as a complete new form of camera.. and get edgy and experimental....

You must know a company called Canon that I dont!  ;D (P.S. Nikon did that, I think, with the '1'. And people are so harsh...)

Canon have always been proud of their full systems. I think they would be reluctant to release an all new system and be choked by a weak link like poor range of lenses.

It is POSSIBLE that their delay in entry has been to prepare a decent full system. They have the resources and the reputation .... but they would have to be sure that this is the future of the consumer camera.

I think micro 43 is the right-size package, combining body size, sensor size and lens size. In my dream Canon would release a m43 compatible series, because they think it is so important to have a full range of lenses available. Then they could start releasing Canon m43 lenses that only work on the Canon bodies.

briansquibb

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 02:05:37 AM »
I think micro 43 is the right-size package, combining body size, sensor size and lens size.

Micro43 :

- too big for the pocket
- too small for my hand

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2012, 02:21:04 AM »
- too small for my hand

[in voice of gimli] AND MY NOSE!
APS-H Fanboy

briansquibb

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2012, 03:30:34 AM »

Daniel Flather

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
I just left crop sensors in the past, so it has to be full frame.  I doubt Canon will release a full frame camera on the first time out, maybe, just maybe, Canon will prove me to be incorrect. 
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

moreorless

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 06:25:26 AM »
I just left crop sensors in the past, so it has to be full frame.  I doubt Canon will release a full frame camera on the first time out, maybe, just maybe, Canon will prove me to be incorrect.

I'd guess the only hope in that reguard maybe that Canon look to counter the D600 with a budget mirrorless FF option.

VASH1291

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
Got a 7D with L glass atm and would love a smaller camera to use in places where they don't allow DSLR's or when weight is a big concern  ::)

briansquibb

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Got a 7D with L glass atm and would love a smaller camera to use in places where they don't allow DSLR's or when weight is a big concern  ::)

Like the Leica M8 with its APS-H sensor  ;) ;) ;)

VASH1291

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 11:26:30 AM »

Like the Leica M8 with its APS-H sensor  ;) ;) ;)

M9 lover myself  8)

dok

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
I actually have an APS-C Canon EOS. My next step will be full frame for sure and I think I'll go for a 5DII pretty soon. Unless this mirorless is FF too. I see one HUGE advantage on mirrorless cameras : short register allowing to put approximately every existing old lenses (MF especially) like M42 or Canon FD for example.

If Canon were to release a FF mirrorless, damn, this camera would be very, very popular on forums dedicated to MF lenses like http://www.mflenses.com/

I don't really care about the size, more about what a short register can allow. That means of course for me that is as to be fully compatible with EF mount.

I guess mirrorless FF is highly unlikely like many already said here  :(

jd

• PowerShot SX60 HS
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Here's my wish list:  Full frame (or larger!) sensor with at least 36 megapixels.   3.5 x 3.5 ultra high resolution display for live view.  Direct EOS lens support for my L and ZE glass.   Make in the form factor of a Leica M9 or even better,  a Ricoh GXR.   I shoot a 5D2 and an M9 and love each for what they do best.   5D2 for sports and macro and the M9 for everything else.   Of course,  I'd love to see an M10 with 36+ megapixels,  high resolution live view and M mount support.   But I'm probably not in the Canon target audience - I have an M Monochrom on order and will travel from SoCal to Cologne for Photokina in September just for fun!  Oh yes,  I have a Ricoh GXR with the A11 M mount adapter.  Pretty cool deal with my M glass.   I use it all time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »