Image & Video Galleries > Abstract

Not quite abstract but heavily 'shopped.

<< < (2/2)

RLPhoto:

--- Quote from: Drizzt321 on June 27, 2012, 08:02:11 PM ---Well, here's one I got ages ago with my Rebel XSi. This thread made me think of it. I was messing around in LR2 (pretty sure it was 2 at the time), seeing what would happen if I did this or that, and this is what I ended up with. Sorta looks like it was painted a bit, I think.

Painting the Ocean with film by Drizzt321, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Ahh, the XSI. Such a good camera, I just remember how horrid ISO 800-1600 was. Good times, good times.

Btw was this shot at high ISo? I see some banding.

Drizzt321:

--- Quote from: RLPhoto on June 27, 2012, 09:01:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Drizzt321 on June 27, 2012, 08:02:11 PM ---Well, here's one I got ages ago with my Rebel XSi. This thread made me think of it. I was messing around in LR2 (pretty sure it was 2 at the time), seeing what would happen if I did this or that, and this is what I ended up with. Sorta looks like it was painted a bit, I think.

Painting the Ocean with film by Drizzt321, on Flickr

--- End quote ---

Ahh, the XSI. Such a good camera, I just remember how horrid ISO 800-1600 was. Good times, good times.

Btw was this shot at high ISo? I see some banding.

--- End quote ---

Yup, sure was. Don't remember how high, but I think it was 800.

jbayston:
I like it, but now knowing that it was shopped, I can't stop looking at the boys shadow, which doesn't look right. If I thought it was a purely natural shot I probably wouldn't have noticed....

K3nt:

--- Quote from: jbayston on October 24, 2012, 12:04:44 PM ---I like it, but now knowing that it was shopped, I can't stop looking at the boys shadow, which doesn't look right. If I thought it was a purely natural shot I probably wouldn't have noticed....

--- End quote ---

Hmm... I didn't notice that... maybe I should try to reduce the opacity of the shadow a little to make it blend in better.... I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip.

K3nt:

--- Quote from: scrappydog on October 24, 2012, 12:45:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: K3nt on May 18, 2012, 05:27:05 AM ---Tell me what you think, did it work?  :D
--- End quote ---
I like it!  It has that Brenizer Method feel to it.  It is like a Brenizer-light without the endless stitching.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I was wondering what it reminded me of, but this is it. :) A lot simpler than the actual Brenizer-method which I have yet to try. Any suggestions? Tripod, handheld?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version