February 06, 2016, 03:51:02 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rumors Lens Giveaway to Celebrate 2016  (Read 8484 times)

Don Haines

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
Re: Canon Rumors Lens Giveaway to Celebrate 2016
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »
I just joined the mailing list. Hope it is still open. I wonder what is the probability of winning. When will be the draw?

Look at the forum stats.

543981 Posts in 25631 Topics by 11346 Members.

Assuming that 80 or even 90 percent of those mebers are no longer active, that leaves 2-3 thousand active ones.  If a large number of members make duplicate entries with different member IS's ans email addresses and are eliminated, your odds could be far better than most lotteries.
Don Haines, fluffy cat, canoeist, and frozen Canuck are really different people.......

And I am sure that Neuro, Mt. Spokane, Dilbert, jrista, and Click are really the same person :) and they can type really fast!!!!
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2016, 10:58:08 AM »

Tim_Y

• Canonflex
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:16 PM »
Has there actually been a newsletter yet?

Skatol

• Rebel T5i
    • Richardson Photographic
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
I'm entered..... What a great idea to run the contest...

I hope Click wins.... a very nice person, always something nice to say.... if anyone deserves it, it's him
I would include you on that short list Don.  Thanks for your contributions!
1DIV, 5DIII, 7D and too many lenses to list.
Too much time, too little gear...scratch that, reverse it.

pierlux

• EOS M2
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »
It's over one month that I'm uncertain whether to sign up or not for the newsletter. As a rule, I decided to never sign up for newsletter of any kind since I'm used to inform by myself and at my convenience about anything which interests me. Actually, every day, like many others here, Canon Rumors is the website I visit first in the morning (after checking the email) and last, on my smartphone, before going asleep ... Don't get me wrong, I'm not particularly insane after all...  well, maybe just a bit... but I'm not alone, I know many here can understand.

So, this morning I finally signed up. All things considered, the routine of reading the incoming mail before anything else will now get me in touch with CR a tiny bit earlier than before which is not a bad thing, after all.

I can't deny the chance of receiving one of those pieces of glass counted. A lot. To say more, and to be 100% honest, it was crucial. I don't own any of the lenses of this giveaway. My next lens, the one I'm saving for, is going to be a supertele. To date, the longest lens my >1y old 7D2 has been physically in touch with is the 70-300 L, I can nearly hear it scream for something more... My unlikely hope is for a cheap 500 or 600 Canon prime, the rumored Canon supertele zoom comes next, and last is the Sigma sport alternative for its ruggedness and weather resistance.

What am I going to do if a 3 months late Santa Craig brings me the...

1) ...50 STM: carry on saving for the supertele and invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a bar to celebrate with a drink.

2) ...100-400 L II: purchase the 1.4X III, convert saving for the supertele into saving for the 5d4 and invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a restaurant to celebrate with a pizza and a flood of beer.

3) ...35 L II: keep on saving for the supertele, put the 35 L II on my 5d2, invite my two photo buddies (and collegues and dear friends) at a restaurant to celebrate with a pizza and a flood of beer and shoot a thousand photos, no flash, to immortalize the memorable hangover.

4) ...11-24: same as no. 3, different lens on my 5d2, add an optional bounced 580 EX II and diffuser.

I just joined the mailing list. Hope it is still open. I wonder what is the probability of winning. When will be the draw?

Look at the forum stats.

543981 Posts in 25631 Topics by 11346 Members.

Assuming that 80 or even 90 percent of those mebers are no longer active, that leaves 2-3 thousand active ones.  If a large number of members make duplicate entries with different member IS's ans email addresses and are eliminated, your odds could be far better than most lotteries.
Don Haines, fluffy cat, canoeist, and frozen Canuck are really different people.......

And I am sure that Neuro, Mt. Spokane, Dilbert, jrista, and Click are really the same person :) and they can type really fast!!!!

LOL! You're joking, but in the past I remember someone who really registered with multiple usernames before the forums existed, so not even "thumbs up" - "thumbs down" buttons (remember?) to explain it, and even admitted it! Well,  I can understand for some it can be fun and, how could I say, a way of naively cheating. But I ask, and hope nobody is so mean, should someone dishonestly decide to cheat and register with different usernames and email addresses using different PCs to raise the chances of winning, is there a way for the admins to notice?

Now that I've mentioned this, I must admit that at the time of the first buggy implementation of the previous forum which was suppressed because of its flaws, I had to re-register with another username because I could no longer log in as "pierlux" and couldn't re-register with that name, so, inspired by the trend of the moment (all the sarcasm about the direct print button), I re-registered as "direct_print_bOttoM", but that was because I was forced to do so and couldn't use both identities simultaneously, anyway.

I trust Craig's promise that the newsletter isn't going to "spam", I'm confident it won't be intrusive. I'll post again after a few newsletters and comment on it.

Enough for now, forgive me for the lenght of this post, good luck to all CR members, though intimately I particularly root for a few of my favorite regulars (of course now I'm not disclosing who they are).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 02:28:52 PM »