December 17, 2014, 06:37:45 PM

Author Topic: Odd Behaviour between CF and SDHC card  (Read 826 times)

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Odd Behaviour between CF and SDHC card
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
I am experiencing odd behaviour when I remove the CF card to upload images to the computer. Regardless of whether I am in Standard or Auto Switch Card mode, the camera will switch to the SDHC card. I just tried it with the camera off and it remained on the CF card when I re-inserted the CF again but I could have sworn even when the camera is off it has switched to the SD card.

Anyone else having similar issues?

canon rumors FORUM

Odd Behaviour between CF and SDHC card
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Behaviour between CF and SDHC card
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »
Thats the way Canon dual card slots have worked  on all 1D series cameras, and now on the 5D MK III. 

If you do not want it to switch, turn the camera off until you reinsert the CF card, or remove the SD card and turn it back on after you reinstall the CF card, and it should switch back.  If you turn it on with only the SD card installed, it will switch th that card and stay there.  Its not odd, it makes sense that the camera should use which ever card is installed.

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »
I could have sworn it has happened when  turned off. I pull out the CF card, upload it it to computer, put it back in the camera, all the while the camera is off and it switches to slot 2. I could be wrong on this though, I just tried it half a dozen times and it is not happening.

It makes sense that the card slots would be non-revertive - I would design it the same way to be deterministic.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »