November 24, 2017, 05:26:17 PM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III, save video on SD??  (Read 5107 times)

donjensen

• PowerShot G1 X II
5D Mark III, save video on SD??
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
My workflow (when traveling) is that the 5D Mark III saves to both cards, and after that I use the SD slot on my MacBook Pro for importing to lightroom. I then use the camera to format the cards.
For some reason the videos are only saved the CF card.

Because of that, unfortunately I deleted a wonderful video from the metro in Paris, of people playing music.

Is there any way to make the camera save videos to SD as well?

canon rumors FORUM

5D Mark III, save video on SD??
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »

Axilrod

• EOS 5DS R
Re: 5D Mark III, save video on SD??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
Yes you can save to the CF, but you have to have a card that's fast enough and change some settings.  You can look in the manual for how to do so, too many people are making threads with a single question that is easily answered by the manual.  Check page 116 and the following few pages
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

donjensen

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:37 AM »
Yes you can save to the CF, but you have to have a card that's fast enough and change some settings. 

I want to save to SD, as I wrote.

It seems that you even though "Rec. to multiple" is selected, the "Playback" determines witch card the video is stored on.

Since I changed the "Playback" to the SD card, it now only stores the video to the SD.

too many people are making threads with a single question that is easily answered by the manual.  Check page 116 and the following few pages

Too many people are answering questions they haven't read properly.

jm345

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »
donjensen - the problem I have is Lightroom, on a PC, doesn't download the MK III videos. LR 4 downloads and imports raw and jpg stills but not the video files. I have to use Zoombrowser or Windows Explorer to download the videos from the card.

donjensen

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
donjensen - the problem I have is Lightroom, on a PC, doesn't download the MK III videos. LR 4 downloads and imports raw and jpg stills but not the video files. I have to use Zoombrowser or Windows Explorer to download the videos from the card.

Since I changed the "Rec", I can now see the files in LR4, on my SD card.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »