February 17, 2018, 03:12:11 PM

Author Topic: Is video raising cost of bodies? Is it wasted for many shooters?  (Read 42285 times)

Richard8971

• EOS 6D Mark II
  • "There is no spoon" - Neo
Re: Is video raising cost of bodies? Is it wasted for many shooters?
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »
If you really don't want to "waste money" on video, Leica, Hassleblad and others make some very good stills only cameras. They are not cheap but at least you won't "waste money on video"

The OP was a question of "Is video RAISING cost of bodies? Is it WASTED for many shooters?"

My posts have dealt with that and only that. It is a wasted fuction in my opinion and I feel that my camera would be better (dollar per dollar) if it did NOT come with video, that's all. I love Canon and want the features of the 7D and 5D2. I am sorry they shoot video, I for one will NEVER use it. Oh well...
Canon 6D, 5D2, 7Dv2.03, 50D, 40D, T1i, XTi...XT (& lenses, flahses), various powershots... You get the idea... I have a problem. :)

Wife shoots Nikon, D7000, D7100, (lenses and flashes)... we constantly tease each other that our cameras are better than each others!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2012, 11:42:45 PM »

cayenne

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »

The OP was a question of "Is video RAISING cost of bodies? Is it WASTED for many shooters?"

My posts have dealt with that and only that. It is a wasted fuction in my opinion and I feel that my camera would be better (dollar per dollar) if it did NOT come with video, that's all. I love Canon and want the features of the 7D and 5D2. I am sorry they shoot video, I for one will NEVER use it. Oh well...

Could you elaborate on specific things you think keep your camera from being 'better' by having video functionality on the camera?

C

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »

Could you elaborate on specific things you think keep your camera from being 'better' by having video functionality on the camera?

C

we can start with the AA filter and go from there....
APS-H Fanboy

briansquibb

« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2012, 03:18:47 AM »

C

we can start with the AA filter and go from there....

Video friendly sensor sizes

tron

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »
At least they should offer a 5DmkIII version with no - just like Nikon- or at least a very weak AA filter and let us choose at own risk.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »