August 20, 2014, 01:07:24 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Has Begun Shipping to a Select Few [CR2]  (Read 7685 times)

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Has Begun Shipping to a Select Few [CR2]
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »
Couple of people on Twitter have theirs, Olympic PJ's though.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 11:26:11 AM »

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
I got my 5d3 from Adorama almost as soon as it started shipping without any prior 'pre-booking' so I am quite positive about getting the X without delays too...
And for Mr. X I have pre-booked with my new hot favorite store - ADORAMA.
Canon did ship out reasonable quantities of 5d3's at start so am hoping they would do the same with Mr. X.  :)

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
yeah, but the 5d Mk III and the 1D X are for different segments.
because of that Canon is not going to produce so many 1dx as 5d
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

lipe

• Power Shot G16
  • 1DX a legend camera
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »
so this is the legend camera, the one and only.

I always think GPS should be built in and st-e3-rt too

one thing battery should be solar cell no charge require, that is a dream i know haha :D
5D Classic
5D III+200 F/2L

SuperCrazySamurai

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
Well at least somebody is getting them soon. I certainly hope that June works for the rest of us  :-X

Second that :)

or8it

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 02:10:09 PM »
Definitely shipping to a few here in the UK. Saw our local photographer with one on Monday photographing the Olympic Torch run.

wockawocka

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • Wedding Photography
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
Well, lets hope mine gets here soon enough.
1DX, 5D3 and Hasselblad H Series owner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

hhelmbold

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »
Well at least somebody is getting them soon. I certainly hope that June works for the rest of us  :-X

Second that :)

Yeah and all the Olympic photographers can iron out the bugs for the rest of us  :D

briansquibb

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 03:15:21 PM »
I am on holiday in France during the Olympics even though I am only 10 miles away from it. I doubt if I will qatch any of it. we are going to the Ardennes to retrace the batle of the Bulge

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 07:37:30 AM »
Has anyone received any confirmation that some pro have their 1Dx?? I check on twitter often and I have not seen anything but this rumor.

Do any of you had seen some pictures taken with a production 1Dx?

Zouk

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »
Has anyone received any confirmation that some pro have their 1Dx?? I check on twitter often and I have not seen anything but this rumor.

Well, someone claims to have gotten theirs here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-photography/1636309-canon-1dx-sample-files.html

PhP

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 08:16:45 AM »
Hi, do someone knows when the 1Dx will be available in shops?  :-\

PhP

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »

Well, someone claims to have gotten theirs here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-photography/1636309-canon-1dx-sample-files.html

I appreciate that Zouk posted a thread from someone who said they actually received a 1D X they had purchased (as opposed to talking about having "used one" or "saw someone using" at an event).  The post that Zouk referred to was by a pro in the U.K.  Interestingly, he has since pulled his photos from the thread he originally posted in. Does anyone know of a pro in the U.S. who has actually received a 1DX they purchased, and, if possible, which vendor or orgnization the camera was delivered by?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »

Zouk

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 03:26:48 PM »
I appreciate that Zouk posted a thread from someone who said they actually received a 1D X they had purchased (as opposed to talking about having "used one" or "saw someone using" at an event).  The post that Zouk referred to was by a pro in the U.K.  Interestingly, he has since pulled his photos from the thread he originally posted in. Does anyone know of a pro in the U.S. who has actually received a 1DX they purchased, and, if possible, which vendor or orgnization the camera was delivered by?

Okay.  I just called my vendor.  They had said they had a delivery scheduled for May 29.  Turns out they DID NOT receive any cameras.  They've now been told "late May through June 24" as the delivery range.

Good news is, I'm 4th in line now.  I suppose a few people bailed and got 5D3's.

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »

Okay.  I just called my vendor.  They had said they had a delivery scheduled for May 29.  Turns out they DID NOT receive any cameras.  They've now been told "late May through June 24" as the delivery range.

Good news is, I'm 4th in line now.  I suppose a few people bailed and got 5D3's.

Nice to have some more "solid" news. Zouk, where (in the general geographic sense, i.e. U.S., Canada, etc) are you, and who is your vendor?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »