December 19, 2014, 01:47:28 AM

Author Topic: Possible issues with Sandisk Extreme Pro 32g CF  (Read 6217 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Possible issues with Sandisk Extreme Pro 32g CF
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
This is a clear sign that the card is going bad...!
they are both brand new used once.

With a hard drive, losing a memory block is often a sign that its dying.  not necessarily so with a CF card, but you need to watch it.

Did you do a low level format in your computer?  In windows, you can also scan all the memory blocks to look for bad ones, and then fix them.

If you do a scan every week for a few weeks and no more pop up, its brobably ok.  If you find more bad blocks, then the card is dying.  If you are in doubt, run a scan several times in a row and that will show dying blocks as well.  I use Rescue 4 Pro which writes to every memory cell on the card, and marks bad ones.  I've never had a bad one, so I don't know if it gives a report of which ones it mapped out.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:25 PM »
I have 2 of these cards and 2 64gb pros and neither are giving me any problems.

Did you get them from a genuine dealer? They may be fakes
Got them for B&H.
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 11:15:53 AM »
By the way so far it has taken a month since i sent my cards in for replacement, stil nothing from Sandisk and they aren't doing anything ot expedite no matter how many times i have asked about it. Not good even if there is a good warranty program...
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

fugu82

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »
I have a bunch of Sandisk; never had problems with them. But I recently got some Transcend CF cards and they are great [and a lot cheaper]. May be time to vote with your feet.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 12:34:37 AM »
By the way so far it has taken a month since i sent my cards in for replacement, stil nothing from Sandisk and they aren't doing anything ot expedite no matter how many times i have asked about it. Not good even if there is a good warranty program...

I'd have returned them to B&H.  Maybe you still can, they have a 30 Day return.  Otherwise, you can ask your credit card company if they cover a return for them.  Amex provides a warranty on returning items that is good for 90 days and will pay up to $300 per item.  You merely tell them you want to return it and its beyond the return date.  If you tell them its defective, then they want you to use the mfgr's warranty.

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
Let me tell you who is at fault, me. As much as i want to keep this to myself, i'll explain what happened. I named the two 32gig cards i bought so when i plug them into the computer i saw something like SanDisk 32g cf 1,SanDisk 32g cf 2. I thought since it is high end memory there wouldn't be issues. Wrong.
By the way it took a little more than a month and multiple times contacting them before i got the replacements, and interesting, they no longer have a gold stripe but a silver one on the CF. They are still extreme pro 32gig but silver. Either that indicates new ones are coming out and these older ones are silver or this is how they tell the new batch of cf cards with new memory...I don't know, just a guess.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
Let me tell you who is at fault, me. As much as i want to keep this to myself, i'll explain what happened. I named the two 32gig cards i bought so when i plug them into the computer i saw something like SanDisk 32g cf 1,SanDisk 32g cf 2. I thought since it is high end memory there wouldn't be issues. Wrong.
By the way it took a little more than a month and multiple times contacting them before i got the replacements, and interesting, they no longer have a gold stripe but a silver one on the CF. They are still extreme pro 32gig but silver. Either that indicates new ones are coming out and these older ones are silver or this is how they tell the new batch of cf cards with new memory...I don't know, just a guess.

Naming them might do it, Canon looks for their own name.  However, I've popped Nikon Cards into a Canon Camera and vice versa, and formatting merely renamed them to meet the Camera specs.
You can run a chkdisk on a card to see if it finds any bad sectors (Windows).  it will check every block, so it takes several minutes.  That does confirm the integrity of the card.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »