October 25, 2014, 02:41:49 PM

Author Topic: Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600  (Read 66486 times)

pete vella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon are you listening...?? NIKON D600
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »
as i don't make money off my photo's.
i do love taking them. i would not say i am a hobbist. i am a passionate photographer. i started with a xt upgraded to a 60d. have 4 lens, and a flash. one is an L, and that was my last purchase. after using my L the other lens don't get to much action. really want to upgrade to full frame but the 5diii is a bit out of reach, and I'd rather spend 3.5 k on a ff body and a new L. i know canon will make a competitive body to the d600. That is if nikon does make it, so till then i will save and shoot with what i have. if canon wants my money a camera like the d600 is where it is at. hope i don't have to wait to long.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:47:42 PM by pete vella »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2012, 12:01:33 AM »
OK, so no stats, just pure speculation. I got it :)
Unfortunately, the stats I could find are all locked away in high priced reports from PMA and other research groups. If anybody can find these numbers free, please share.

BRNexus6

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2012, 01:55:39 AM »
I wouldn't hesitate to switch over to Nikon if this rumor turns out to be true. This camera paired with the 50mm 1.4G lens would be an amazing photography tool for under $2k. I'm getting way too excited over this rumor. This would be the smartest move that Nikon ever made. I mean how would Canon react to this rumored inexpensive Full-Frame if it actually became a real product?

D_Rochat

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2012, 02:06:09 AM »
The trolls are out again and the locals are getting restless. Is there a new release coming?

briansquibb

« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2012, 02:24:57 AM »
The trolls are out again and the locals are getting restless. Is there a new release coming?

Just proves what I said - rumours of this kind get people into a state of mind where they have to get the latest and greatest even though their current kit can produce top IQ images.

Seems that they get technology fixated - on this forum it seems to be APS-C and FF polarisation with a touch of mirrorless. Strange because the image IQ is the objective regardless of how it is produced.

Jotho

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2012, 02:48:00 AM »
I might not know much about all issues concerning Canon vs Nikon surrounding all previous and current models. I know that today I just paid deposit on my MkIII and I feel great about it. I come from 400D and 60d and have spent some money on upgrading to L lenses. I felt it was time for the next step although I might not be able to use all the capacoty in the MkIII.

I am a pure amateur but have sold some photos together with some golfing and biking articles I've written over the years. Of course image quality, exposure and all is important in many aspects of photography, but to me it seems that many forget the actual image they are trying to capture. Be there in the moment. In fact many of my best pics I have taken with my G11 that's always in my car ready for action.My photographer friends that have taught me a lot about things have always emphasized that I should have fun with it and that's what I will continue to do. My aim for the next year will be to make back themmoney I spent on the MkIII. I think it's doable.

briansquibb

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »
I might not know much about all issues concerning Canon vs Nikon surrounding all previous and current models. I know that today I just paid deposit on my MkIII and I feel great about it. I come from 400D and 60d and have spent some money on upgrading to L lenses. I felt it was time for the next step although I might not be able to use all the capacoty in the MkIII.

Congratulations on your new purchase . Like all new cameras it will take time to understand and use the full potential of the camera - but it is fun learning :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2012, 02:54:10 AM »

Jotho

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »
Briansquibb, thanks. Yes it will be great fun I hope. I got a few fun projects planned for after the summer and will make sure I am prepared for them.

briansquibb

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2012, 03:15:41 AM »
Briansquibb, thanks. Yes it will be great fun I hope. I got a few fun projects planned for after the summer and will make sure I am prepared for them.

What kind of biking? Pedal or Motor?

Jotho

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2012, 03:57:35 AM »
Briansquibb, being new posting here I don't know how to incorporate your question in my reply yet. Motorbiking, I currently live in Southeast Asia, have been on and off for the last nine years. So just motorbiking travelling around the region here. The views and adventures gets more in focus than the actual biking as such.

Wild

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Born to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2012, 03:57:44 AM »
is it an sony Alpha 900 on budget?...maybe they are repackaging the unsold a900as nikon d600

They probably just turned the "a" into a "d" and flipped the 9 upside down. Voila!   ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:07:32 AM by Wild »

Wild

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Born to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2012, 04:10:24 AM »
Briansquibb, being new posting here I don't know how to incorporate your question in my reply yet. Motorbiking, I currently live in Southeast Asia, have been on and off for the last nine years. So just motorbiking travelling around the region here. The views and adventures gets more in focus than the actual biking as such.

Jotho - If you click on the little box that says "quote" in the upper right part of a person's message, it'll add their quote to a new message for you, and you can type your response beneath it. If you're not sure it'll look right, just check out the preview and tinker with it  ;D

elflord

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

Just proves what I said - rumours of this kind get people into a state of mind where they have to get the latest and greatest even though their current kit can produce top IQ images.

Seems that they get technology fixated - on this forum it seems to be APS-C and FF polarisation with a touch of mirrorless. Strange because the image IQ is the objective regardless of how it is produced.

Not only the complainers seem to lack perspective on how little difference tech makes (while they are whining liked spoiled children about 5DII's "unusable" AF, m43 enthusiasts are shooting with legacy glass and manually focusing)

Also seems the complainers lack perspective on how little difference the body makes -- for example if you spent 3k on glass, could you replicate that setup on Nikon, how much would it cost, and how would it perform  ? Last I checked, Nikon glass was generally more expensive, so unless you're planning to pair with a cheapo zoom, the apparent cost advantage might evaporate by the time you've acquired a kit at which point the complainer will whine about how Nikon are "screwing them with high lens prices".  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Choosing the system based entirely on who has a slightly cheaper or better speced body is putting the cart before the horse.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

Astro

« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »
i dont know where you buy.. but here i can get a nikon 24-70mm f2.8 for 1499 euro.
and a nikon Nikon 70-200mm 2.8G AF-S VR II ED would cost me 1799 euro.

if i buy the latest canon models i have to pay 700+300 euro more (the same reseller).

so no i donĀ“t see much of a price difference.
especially not with the "new" canon "price strategy".... i have to pay less for some nikon glas.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:30:47 AM by Astro »

Jotho

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »

Jotho - If you click on the little box that says "quote" in the upper right part of a person's message, it'll add their quote to a new message for you, and you can type your response beneath it. If you're not sure it'll look right, just check out the preview and tinker with it  ;D

Wild, thanks for the tip. I hope it will make things easier. I used the ipad earlier and things just keeps getting messed up with that. Now I can see how it works.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »