That's what I thought. Nikon is trying to get more market share with lower profit. And Canon is trying to maximum its profit with it market share power. That's how to run a business. Just too many people cannot see the points. Canon and Nikon are big companies and have many investors. Their decision makers need to make right decisions for their investors, not their users.
no...Canon is a big company. 4 times bigger than nikon for market cap/revenues and profits.
and no...from the balance sheet of the last financial year nikon increased the revenues lowering cost of manufactoring, so it's doing the opposite you are telling us.. no-one is on the market for charity
1. I have mentioned Canon is bigger than Nikon.
2. I have mentioned businesses need to make decision for their investors, not users.
3. There is no conflict between "lower profit and making more profit than before" If a company can make 500M last year and it could make 750M this year, the CEO said let's make only 650M and get more market share. Any conflict here?
I really don't get why you quote my post and replied with something not related.
1. you said both are big companies...i dont think nikon is big; nikon is active in too few business segments
2. i said just what you said, so dont be angry. btw they are "listening" what people will buy....that's called marketing, but for the higher segment they listen also to "users" (i guess you refer to pro and forum's people), infact they have improved the 5d in the way the "users" asked (no more megapixels,better autofocus, faster framerate)
3. you said that nikon was expanding the marketshare lowering the margin, but from financials they are doing the exact opposite...at least from their last FY