August 01, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

Author Topic: It's Not Even April Fools [CR1]  (Read 6451 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: It's Not Even April Fools [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
nikon would be the loser in a deal like that!  The money's in the lenses more than the bodies.  Now, if nikon were to produce EF Mount Lenses with full functionality, they would have some that would be big sellers.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
Too bad that lenses are sold with detachable or replaceable mounts that you can screw on/off.

Then you could buy a Canon lens and simply replace the mounting to put it on a Nikon.

Or vice versa.

No need to mess about with lens mount adapters.

They have been sold for many years in one form or another.  Google T-Mount.  You can screw on / off mounts for most camera bodies.  However, with few buyers, they are uncommon, many miror lenses still use them, and some of the low quality long lenses.  With no autofocus, they are just not popular.

T Mounts are mostly used for Microscope and Telescope camera adapters currently.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=T+mount&srtclk=sort&Ns=p_PRICE_2%7c1&N=0

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
i don't believe this will happen. the reason is very simple:

- Nikon will kill their own lens production lines

- Canon will loose almost all Dslr's modeles

Woody

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
I am not surprised Japanese companies trade patents. Why do Canon and Nikon share so many common features (IS vs VR) yet we never see lawsuits flying around? I think they are far more collaborative than we believe. They'll rather help each other out than allow a competitor from another part of the world to sneak up on them. See what happened to the Japanese TV industry?

I do not believe we'll ever see a Nikon camera with EF mount. But we may see improved Nikon TSE lenses, 70-200 f/4 lens, MPE lens. On the other hand, Canon may release a 14-24 lens, sensors with improved DR (like the D3s) etc.

nicku

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »
I am not surprised Japanese companies trade patents. Why do Canon and Nikon share so many common features (IS vs VR) yet we never see lawsuits flying around? I think they are far more collaborative than we believe. They'll rather help each other out than allow a competitor from another part of the world to sneak up on them. See what happened to the Japanese TV industry?

I do not believe we'll ever see a Nikon camera with EF mount. But we may see improved Nikon TSE lenses, 70-200 f/4 lens, MPE lens. On the other hand, Canon may release a 14-24 lens, sensors with improved DR (like the D3s) etc.

Exactly...

Musouka

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »
Speaking of sensors, it seem that Renesas is struggling

Renesas raises proposed job cuts to over 10,000

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »
Hehe never will happen, where will people threaten to go to?  ;D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »

hutjeflut

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
id prefer it the other way arround.
i have and always will have a low budged and lets face it canons budged lenses arent as food as nikkons budged lenses specialy when it comes to focussing.

canon would do good to get rid of these crappy micromotor lenses all toherget and ask 10 euro more for usm in evert single lense.

they had usb in old lenses like the 24-80 wich was quite fast (bad quality tho) so why not in the new ones?
it obviously doesnt cost a lot to implement so stop being cheap canon and use usm in every lens even kit lenses.

Ziggy

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Maybe then we can get a 200-400mm lens finally.

psolberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 07:25:06 AM »

both the EF and F mounts are dynousaurs of the mirror era. both have no future in the inevitable mirrorless world. I'm more interested in a 35mm mirrorless mount.

AvTvM

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »

both the EF and F mounts are dynousaurs of the mirror era. both have no future in the inevitable mirrorless world. I'm more interested in a 35mm mirrorless mount.

+1 !

Actually, I would prefer an electrified Leica M-Mount. Patents of the M mount have expired, some time ago, its free for all. Putting electrical contacts on it would enable AF and IS and everything else modern, while retaining backward compatibility with all M mount lenses. :-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »