These are some ‘concepts’ I am living with a photographer. Would like it if you educate me where I am wrong or right. THX!!
You can add your own beliefs and myths for me to learn as well...
* With all other factors being equal, more megapixels will give better IQ except in high ISO.
* Raw files opened in Adobe or in DPP will have identical IQ.
* In real life situations the result from Zeiss lenses will be mostly indistinguishable from Canon lenses, all other factors being equal.
* The 5d3 is the camera to grab when getting the photo is of utmost importance rather than D800.
* Nikon makes better wide-angle lenses including wide-angle zooms than Canon.
* If the user understands Photoshop properly then Nik softwares are redundant.
* Film has lost the battle and digital rules and even looks better.
* Chromatic aberrations and lens vignette characteristics of a lens do not matter as these things can be fixed easily in Photoshop.
* The IQ of 1dx and 5d3 at ISO 100 will be same.
* Cropping in camera (1.6 factor) is not the same as cropping equal amount in post on a full frame camera.
* Mac computers have no real advantage over PC when it comes to processing photos.
* 99.9 percent of equipment complaints are user errors including the 5d3 criticisms.
* Canon will announce a high megapixel camera within six months.
* 1Dx will ship in reasonable quantities and will fill in the initial demand mostly.
* 5d3 will not eat into the sales of 1Dx.
* New equipment may not make better pictures but certainly do help in making better pictures and people should stop criticizing people who want to buy new gear.
* People who regularly visit photo forums or for that matter ‘pixel peep’ can also be wonderful photographers.
* Manuel focusing can be learned with practice and once second nature, it is almost as fast as shooting with auto focus for subjects not moving so fast.
* It is ok to use auto exposure modes available in camera and that does not make anyone a lesser photographer.