Image & Video Galleries > Animal Kingdom

First trials with the amazing 7D

(1/3) > >>

K3nt:
First day playing around with the 7D and the 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. Nothing more than RAW to JPEG conversion done. The RAW image looks so much better. Suggestions and comments appreciated. (Dog is a 5 year old Great Pyrenean).

bythetree by K3ntFIN, on Flickr[/img]

K3nt:
Here I was sitting in my living room going through the settings of the camera when my dog decided I should play with her instead. Modifications done: Crop and RAW to JPEG conversion.
Comments appreciated.

playwithme by K3ntFIN, on Flickr

gbaturin:
Nice photos. The 7D is indeed a brilliant APS-C camera. But the 18-135... Well, let's just say I was happy myself when I bought a 50D with an 18-200 a couple of years ago, but now I fell like crying because I didn't get the 24-105 instead  :'(

FatDaddyJones:
The amazing 7D deserves an L lens or something like the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. I got mine with the 18-135 and I absolutely despise the lens. Maybe it's just my copy... I doubt it... but the IQ is terrible. Vignetting is terrible. CA is terrible. Lens creep... (guess)  terrible. The AF/MF switch is hard to change. Even the little silver ring around the lens is peeling off.

The 7D really is an amazing piece of technology. But to use it to it's full potential, you'll need better glass.

kubelik:
glad you're having fun with a wonderful camera, congrats on the purchase!  I'm going to go against the grain and say shoot for a while with your kit lens, until you know where you think you want to take your photography next.

besides, if you can learn to shoot excellent photos with a kit lens, you can pretty much shoot excellent photos with anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version