August 30, 2014, 10:26:33 AM

Author Topic: A Few 60D Specs [CR2]  (Read 20342 times)

Rocky

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: A Few 60D Specs [CR2]
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
chrome_dude: If I were you, I would just think about getting rid of the 40D to help finance something else.  If you are just a hobbyist, I don't think that you need to keep a backup on hand.  Why not sell it now while it has some value and put the money into your next camera.  If the new one does break, you should be able to find a good 30D/40D/50D on craigslist (or locally) within a day or two for the same as you sold yours for (or less if it is a while before the new one breaks).  I actually take paid jobs on the side and I only have one body (of course, I don't shoot any weddings or events that are critical without borrowing or renting another body because that would be irresponsible). The majority of my work though is just small portrait sessions that could be re-scheduled if disaster struck.  Anyway, it was just a thought to help you finance that nice new purchase :)

My 40D body is now only worth about $500-$550 on eBay. Having had my 40D break on a trip, I realize how totally frustrated I would be without an instant replacement on an expensive trip.  Besides, why not have two lenses ready to go without swapping?

The biggest reason, however, to keep this body is all the work that has gone into tuning this body with my lenses. The difference in focus quality is dramatic and just buying a replacement 40D means all new tuning efforts AND who knows what I am getting problem wise in a used camera. (Not likely, I guess, but one more thing to consider.) I know my 40D's history...  and that is worth something, especially since I treat my cameras with extra care.
How do you tune the 40D with the lens??? Is it doe by Canon??Thanks

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »

gkreis

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:26 PM »
How do you tune the 40D with the lens??? Is it doe by Canon??Thanks

It is done by Canon. I discovered this when my Xsi took outstandingly crisp photos with the same lens that was very mediocre on my 40D.  I researched on the web and found folks talking about. I sent the body and lens to Canon (the body was under warranty so they covered shipping and the procedure) and when it came back I was thrilled.  It was just as sharp as the Xsi, perhaps even sharper.  Then I knew that all those folks selling their lenses because they got a soft copy might just have needed Canon to do their magic...

Perhaps there is a way to get a good price on someone's soft lens...   ;-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:26 PM »