July 26, 2014, 04:00:40 AM

Author Topic: Apple, EVIL & a Profile  (Read 5428 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Apple, EVIL & a Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
Collaboration with Apple? I’ve received a few pieces of information about an upcoming collaboration between Apple and Canon. What that collaboration is hasn’t been spelled out to me. It could be with the upcoming Final Cut Pro 8, or maybe something more.

Canon Wants a Medium Format Company? I’m not sure if stuff I’ve written in the past is getting recycled, but I’ve had a rash of comments recently about Canon’s desire to purchase a medium format company. We’ve heard before they’ve had talks with Hasselblad. It could be more of the same.

Canon Mirrorless I’ve received emails recently saying we’ll see an EVIL announcement in May. I rate that CR negative 5. The best information I have is that Canon is still in the exploratory stages with a mirrorless solution. There’s no rush to get something to market.

Latest Photographer Profile We’ve added another photographer profile. This time Alex Johnson from Minnesota. Check it out.

cr

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:40:33 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Apple, EVIL & a Profile
« on: March 09, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »

DetlevCM

Re: Apple, EVIL & a Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
I really hope it's not going to be much more than some software from apple.

-> If apple has any influence on Canon then their products will become glossy licked clean designer rubbish rather than the functional professional tools they are today.

yoavoy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
So, my *wish* is that the reason they are talking to apple is in order to provide Apple ProRes (4:2:2 or even 4:4:4) as an optional format for saving video. (Kind of like the Arri Alexa).  H.264 is wonderful for emailing, but horrible for editting (and in fact, the first thing everyone does with video they shoot is convert it to something like ProRes).

Yes, those codecs generate over 200 Mbps, but compact flash cards today can handle that easily.

*crossing fingers*

trondolsen

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
Could be touchscreen interface. Not that the cameras will ever lose their buttons!
Could be some technology for the coming iPhone.
I'm hoping it's FCP though, would be really cool.

Stu

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 01:34:01 AM »
Could it be that Apple will work with Canon to produce some Air Print compatible printers?  HP are the only ones to manufacture printers that support this.

macfly

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
I suspect it is just Thunderbolt tethered shooting protocols, and maybe imaging systems for the iPad and iPhone since Kodak are in the midst of trying to sue Apple and RIM.

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »
Could it be that Apple will work with Canon to produce some Air Print compatible printers?  HP are the only ones to manufacture printers that support this.

Hp has stopped making enthuisiast grade printers.  I doubt if they will start making them again.

"Beginning fall 2009, HP also began discontinuing it B-sized printers in the consumer inkjet portfolio, including the HP Photosmart Pro B9180. Though many of the B-sized products are no longer available from HP directly, HP continues to offer Original HP inks and specialty media compatible with these printers so owners can continue to enjoy optimal quality, reliability and ease of use when printing photos or documents. To meet the needs of advanced prosumers looking for professional printing solutions, HP offers the HP Designjet 130 printer and the HP Designjet Z Series photo printers as an alternative."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »