Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Canon 60D Stops Recording Automatically!!!

(1/4) > >>

jasonmillard81:
Greetings,

I use a Secure Digital 32gb Class 10 card.  My video has been stopping recording after 8 seconds or so and is not 4gb in size.

I searched the form and google and have been unable to find a solution!  Any thoughts/ideas/fixes?

best,

Jason

Halocastle:
Sorry, but I don't own this camera, so I have no referenece. This might help:

"Re: which SD card for 60D"

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1019&message=41036494&changemode=1

It concerns class 10 issues and the 60D.  A poster recommends using only class 6 cards (scroll down a bit).

Here's an excerpt:

"We've had very poor success with class 10 cards and 32GB cards...When shooting HD video with class 10 cards, the buffer fills up within 5 seconds and the recording stops."

Nick Gombinsky:
Yup, be careful with which brand of cards you use, some are not the speed they say, and for now the Canons don't get along well with Class 10 cards...

preppyak:
Yeah, that's on the card. It's filling the buffer too quickly and thus stopping recording. In fact, you'll probably see a series of boxes filling on the side of the LCD screen while it happens.

My suggestion would be to get the Sandisk Extreme cards, as I've never had a problem with them. Likewise I've had good luck with Wintec and Transcend. SD memory is cheap, the difference between the one you have now and the Sandisk Extreme is probably <$5-10...which is nothing considering your gear is worth more than $1000. Being able to record is always worth the extra few bucks.

Never seen the thing about 32GB cards, but I use all 16GB cards. If I'm shooting all day in a way that would fill a 16GB card, I've got plenty of time to swap them out for another card.

Marsu42:

--- Quote from: jasonmillard81 on June 03, 2012, 07:53:32 PM ---I searched the form and google and have been unable to find a solution!  Any thoughts/ideas/fixes?

--- End quote ---

solution: install magic lantern, fine-tune the bitrate so that your memory card can cope with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version