November 23, 2014, 08:39:15 AM

Author Topic: DxO: 24MP Nikon D3200 equals 22MP 5D Mark III  (Read 29107 times)

briansquibb

Re: nikon 3200 beats all other canon cameras dxo mark test!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »
Ohhhh zippedy dxo da, zippedy aay...my oh my what a wonderful day...plenty of sunny f/16 comin' my way, D3200 runnin' away.

It's a number.  It pertains to the sensor and only the sensor.  It's based on reducing the images to 8 MP.  The 'weighting' used to generate the score is arbitrary, and thus the score is arbitrary.  Meh. Whatever. So done with this.

And 2 years ago, before Nikon's new breed of sensors, were you singing the same song?

Awesome! I love DXO, their tests are so great and reveal the absolute truth about all things  :-*

DxO and Ken Rockwell lead the way on objective tests  ;)

You really shouldn't insult DxO like that unless you're meaning insult anyone that doesn't publish bright and shiney reviews of Canon equipment?

You read it as an insult where others would see it as a complement.

I have always said that I am vendor and technology neutral - my cameras are bought as the best solution for me to get the best results. I dont even go for the latest and greatest.

However I do like to see balanced and objective comments and reviews and posts that are factually correct rather than regurgitated street whispers. So to say that I insult anyone that doesn't publish bright and shiney reviews of Canon equipment is wrong on so many levels

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »

RC

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 01:39:58 AM »
Ohhhh zippedy dxo da, zippedy aay...my oh my what a wonderful day...plenty of sunny f/16 comin' my way, D3200 runnin' away.

It's a number.  It pertains to the sensor and only the sensor.  It's based on reducing the images to 8 MP.  The 'weighting' used to generate the score is arbitrary, and thus the score is arbitrary.  Meh. Whatever. So done with this.

LOL, clever and funny.   ;D    Must have just got back from WDW. 

briansquibb

Re: Nikon D3200 DxOMark score: second best APS-C camera ever
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »
Read more on NikonRumors................

What do you think ?

I think we need more threads about this  ::)

There are enough NR people on here to create quite a few - lets start with a thread for  'Canon produces overpriced kit I am jumping ship'

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:40 AM »

What do you think ?

There are enough NR people on here to create quite a few - lets start with a thread for  'Canon produces overpriced kit I am jumping ship'

with the amount of crybaby sooking that goes on CR could do quite well out of being sponsored by kleenex...
(sooking is slang for well being a crybaby) i'd post the the chopper harden up vid again but it hurt too many feelings last time...
APS-H Fanboy

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 02:18:53 AM »
score an 82 and beats 5d mkiii out of the top ten. May the fun begin.

Not that I really care, but they both scored 81. So Nikon stomps Canon in DxO's DR tests. What's new?

With all the cry babies that claim they're switching to Nikon every time a new Nikon comes out, I'm surprised there are so many cry babies left to cry every time a new Nikon comes out :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:30:30 AM by V8Beast »

wickidwombat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 02:29:51 AM »
APS-H Fanboy

Wideopen

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »

Im having too much fun shooting my 5dmkiii to even give a crap about a dxo mark test.  8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »

pete vella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 03:18:02 AM »
81 82 whatever . i thought it said 82. dxo also stated the d3200 had a digic 3 processor. then corrected the review. love the replys they made my day. http://youtu.be/paJqHPHLExo
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:30:23 AM by pete vella »

Dylan777

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »

Where are the Nikon shooters in hollywood?

too busy reading dxo charts maybe?   ;D ;D ;D
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

takoman46

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »
i NEED to sell my 5D Mark III as soon as possible! somebody please just at least offer me enough to buy a D3200!

I'll gladly take your 5D3 off your hands for... what is the D3200 priced at? $600? Then I'll have two 5D3's and can get rid of my 5D2! lol. I have no problem using a $3500 canon that is subpar to an entry-level nikon.  ;) But seriously, just in case you're not being sarcastic... Let me know. Thanks!  :)

Fishnose

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 06:30:46 AM »

too busy reading dxo charts maybe?   ;D ;D ;D
Maybe they're out looking for interesting new things to shoot, not painted old witches from the 60's.

Anyway - Canon's smartest move EVER, all categories, regardless of camera quality, sensors, whatever, was to make their most expensive lenses white. More important than any test score or review anywhere, ever.

So many people assume those lenses must be better than Nikon's just because they look the way they do. And the people holding them feel cool.
Brilliant marketing? Yep. Your photo says it all, doesn't it.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 06:34:06 AM »
One thing I never quite understood was what would the scores have been IF there was no 8mp ds and arbitrary functions to arrive at the scores?

Select the Measurements tab (vs. the Scores tab), and for each one select Screen (vs. Print).  That gives you the actual measurements of each sensor, which DxO 'massages' into the Scores, and when you look at the actual data you see differences in the relative performance of the cameras compared to the Scores.

LOL, clever and funny.   ;D    Must have just got back from WDW. 

Actually, I had just gotten home from a day trip to a meeting just north of Philly (5:30a flight down, landed back in Boston at around 9:00p)...so, admittedly, I was a bit tired.  :P

OTOH, last weekend we took the kids to Storyland, NH - sort of the mini-WDW of the Northeast - and filled our quota of princesses and fairy tales.   ;)

Is it me, or does that guy on the extreme left look a lot like Chuck Westfall?!?   :o
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Positron

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »
Is it me, or does that guy on the extreme left look a lot like Chuck Westfall?!?   :o

Based on the shadows and time of day from the EXIF data, he's clearly Falling to the East.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »

psolberg

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:03 AM »
as expected actually.

psolberg

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 07:14:51 AM »

What do you think ?

with the amount of crybaby sooking that goes on CR could do quite well out of being sponsored by kleenex...
(sooking is slang for well being a crybaby) i'd post the the chopper harden up vid again but it hurt too many feelings last time...

;D that made me laugh. thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 07:14:51 AM »