November 26, 2014, 03:59:30 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Full Specifications  (Read 36311 times)

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Full Specifications
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »
Hi all :)

Complete beginner here. Well even less than beginner since I haven't even got a camera yet!
I have the same question as tHarten. Will the Digic-V increase ISO performance (less noise at high ISO's) or is it completely irrelevant?

Dionysis

Assuming it has the same sensor, yes the Digic 5 can produce less noise in jpegs due to better faster processing & Algorithms. However if sensor is same, then perhaps the RAW's will be the same too.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 01:42:23 PM »

Rodknee

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:32 PM »
Can Magic Lantern work on the Digic V+  ?

BRNexus6

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
I really hope something comes out in the APS-C range that offers cleaner high ISO performance than the current rebel line. The T2i starts to break apart at ISO 1600, so it would be really great if Canon has improved the sensor/noise performance.

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »
Can Magic Lantern work on the Digic V+  ?
Yes they made some part of it work in the 5diii, but be prepared for wait for a usable version.
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

adroid28

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »

Complete beginner here. Well even less than beginner since I haven't even got a camera yet!
I have the same question as tHarten. Will the Digic-V increase ISO performance (less noise at high ISO's) or is it completely irrelevant?

Dionysis

Assuming it has the same sensor, yes the Digic 5 can produce less noise in jpegs due to better faster processing & Algorithms. However if sensor is same, then perhaps the RAW's will be the same too.

Thank you for your answer :)

So that is quite useless since in any case to get the best quality/flexibility I will shoot in RAW. I can then use Denoise software that will be the same or better than the internal processing..

So if there is no new sensor in terms of quality I am going to get the same as the t2i... :o
But the most important thing is the image quality!! Surely that should improve in an upgrade..

Marine03

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 01:55:38 PM »
...but have a hard time spending money on lets say an Iphone 4 knowing a 5 is a few months out with new tech...

That's pretty much every iPhone generation.  At least the xD series has a longer life cycle.

Exactly I'd rather come in on the front end of a new sensor that will remain current for 3 years than one that is basically 1 gen behind.
6D, 450D(collecting dust), Nifty Fifty, 565EX Flash

preppyak

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
Or is the ISO performance improved on this body by using DIGIC V+?
It's possible it will help the video out some, simply by being able to process faster and allowing for higher-res recording. I wouldn't expect any big difference in noise performance for video though.

Based on your needs, the video AF could be nice if it actually works. While the 10-20 won't really need it, other lenses can use it. And even with the 10-20, while you're running along with a glidecam, it'd be nice not to have to worry about focusing. Biggest feature for you, if you also take pictures, would be the AF and FPS. Makes it more likely you lock focus and get a cool shot in action.
So if there is no new sensor in terms of quality I am going to get the same as the t2i... :o
But the most important thing is the image quality!! Surely that should improve in an upgrade..
Would have been nice to see an upgrade sensor, but IQ doesn't mean anything if your shot is out of focus, or you missed the moment. The AF will be a noticeable upgrade from the T3i, and the burst rate will also be a noticeable upgrade. Since many rebel users are people shooting their families and people running around, those are important. And most of them wouldn't notice the difference between an 18mp sensor or a 22mp sensor, except that maybe they'd need a slightly larger hard-drive with the larger sensor

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »

telephonic

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
As many others, the departure from mirror to prism caught my eyes in the first place.

I'm impressed with the layout of the buttons just beside the articulated LCD, it looks quite ergonomic. But from the front, I can't see clearly where the DoF preview button is. Any ideas?

And the top view, right in front of the hot-shoe, is that stereo mic? I wish it will perform well, but maybe I shouldn't hope too much. :D By the way, the prominent ISO button... I think this is a bit too much for most rebel buyer, isn't it? And the video switch, let's hope it won't be tripped too easily.

All in all, I think this is a beautiful camera. For those who is looking for their first SLR, they won't be disappointed (some days of confusion at most, I think :p). For those who understand how SLR works, this might not be our cup of tea, so bring either 70D or 7DII on!
Trusty 20D, a lighter 200, a nifty fifty, and an old Sigma that won't work stopped down.

Silverstream

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
I want to ask just for clarity. Is this for sure the old sensor or a new one? I'm not asking for speculation or deductive reasoning. Does anyone truly know?

Marine03

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
I want to ask just for clarity. Is this for sure the old sensor or a new one? I'm not asking for speculation or deductive reasoning. Does anyone truly know?

Is there supposed to be a press conference?  If so I'm guessing that's when they would say something?
6D, 450D(collecting dust), Nifty Fifty, 565EX Flash

preppyak

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
By the way, the prominent ISO button... I think this is a bit too much for most rebel buyer, isn't it? And the video switch, let's hope it won't be tripped too easily.
The button layout on the back is the exact same as the T3i, and the only change on top is that the ISO button moves left as they got rid of the Display on/off button.

Is there supposed to be a press conference?  If so I'm guessing that's when they would say something?
Believe its tomorrow, so we'd know for sure then. Im not sure anyone can know for sure until then, since a spec list won't clarify new sensor or not

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Dionysis

Thank you for your answer :)

So that is quite useless since in any case to get the best quality/flexibility I will shoot in RAW. I can then use Denoise software that will be the same or better than the internal processing..

I wanted an APS-C for birding myself but was waiting for a T4i announcement and people to dump their T2i's once the sensor was not a whole lot different... so yes I agree with you. The only thing the T4i does for me is depreciate the T2i .

However if it is a new / improved sensor, I'd need to rethink this...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:12:13 PM by K-amps »
EOS-5D Mk.iii 

koolman

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Pictures Of Jerusalem
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
I have a t2i and was "itching" to upgrade. I shoot stills only, as a hobby.

Is this t4i a real step up ? For me it would be if:

- The live view manual focus was usable in daylight ?

- The AF was actually more accurate and reliable then a t2i ?

- The digic 5+ and improved sensor ? actually made real life difference ?

Thoughts ?
Jerusalem Photographer (canon t2i, 50 1.4, Tamron 17-50 non VC, canon 60mm, canon 35mm L,Samyang 14mm MF,Voigtlander 20mm MF)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »

pete vella

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
3x-10x crop mode?

Balthazar

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
Pentaprism really ? Or rather pentamirror viewfinder ?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »