April 18, 2014, 01:45:08 AM

Author Topic: 5dmIII RAW processing - LR4.1 vs Aperture 3 vs DPP  (Read 6635 times)

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: 5dmIII RAW processing - LR4.1 vs Aperture 3 vs DPP
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
I get stuff turned around really quickly in Aperture and it is what I'm comfortable with (I've used it since it first came out), but for NR and lens correction and PS integration LR wins. I strive to get things right optically so I don't need LR, and my images have a different look to them from your typical because I don't use LR's features and most do.
I was about to buy Apeture...but wondering if I should hold off at least till Monday for Apple WWDC, to see if they are putting out Apeture 4.

I'd hate to buy #3...and have #4 come out in a couple days....and me have to spend MORE money...to get whatever improvements come out of it?

Also, question to those that use apeture.  Do you edit your RAW in Apeture...and then export to TIFF. It almost sounds from others' posts here...they export to TIFF then do post processing. I thought you did your post in RAW...and then exported to TIFF or jpeg for printing...etc?

TIA,

cayenne

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »

VirtualRain

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »

Also, question to those that use apeture.  Do you edit your RAW in Apeture...and then export to TIFF. It almost sounds from others' posts here...they export to TIFF then do post processing. I thought you did your post in RAW...and then exported to TIFF or jpeg for printing...etc?

TIA,

cayenne

You can do all your processing on the RAW file in Aperture.  You only need to export to a TIFF if you want to edit it further in something like Photoshop.
Canon 5D Mark III, 35L, 85L, 24-105L, 70-300L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »