August 31, 2014, 06:38:13 AM

Author Topic: Lensbaby  (Read 4520 times)

crasher8

If I had a nickel for every time a Rebel owner said Bokeh
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »
I would never use the word 'bokeh' in association with  Lensbaby. It is blur. Pleasing blur. Actually I don't think I ever use the word bokeh at all. Enough folks, mostly new are throwing it around like it's free beer.

canon rumors FORUM

If I had a nickel for every time a Rebel owner said Bokeh
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Re: If I had a nickel for every time a Rebel owner said Bokeh
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
I would never use the word 'bokeh' in association with  Lensbaby. It is blur. Pleasing blur. Actually I don't think I ever use the word bokeh at all. Enough folks, mostly new are throwing it around like it's free beer.

Bokeh is just a japanese term to describe the quality of the out of focus area, which is actually quite different than blur.  Blur is to obscure something by smearing or using a smeary substance.  So you can say it has very pleasing out of focus rendering if you are set on using english, but using the term blur because you feel that the word bokeh is too pretentious or novice actually comes off as a bit uneducated.  Using the word bokeh is just more efficient because there isn't an english word to describe it properly.  Here is another good example of a similar word (obscure reference, I know):

Tartle,
Scottish – The act of hestitating while introducing someone because you’ve forgotten their name.

I've been known to tartle at work parties. 

See, foreign languages can be helpful, even in 'Murica, Fuck Ya.

crasher8

Re: Lensbaby
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
Dude I never said they were the same thing. Didn't need you to get all school marm on me. But now that you think about it, I am no longer as you say, uneducated, thanks to your free webinar.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:00:29 PM by crasher8 »

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
Dude I never said they were the same thing. Didn't need you to get all school marm on me. But now that you think about it, I am no longer as you say, uneducated, thanks to your free webinar.

Who said it was free?

melbournite

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
I bought the Muse and I liked the look the lens produces but I wanted more control so I bought the Composer with the 35 optic. Here are some shots of my son using it.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
I prefer the look from a 90mm tilt-shift but, its much more expensive. ::)

DanielW

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »
@ melbournite
Wow, great shots!
I'll be probably buying just that, composer (pro?) and the 35 optic, and maybe the 80 later on.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:24 PM »