November 24, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

Author Topic: Canon Canada to dealers: EOS-1D X delayed until July  (Read 4073 times)

Adrian S.

Re: Canon Canada to dealers: EOS-1D X delayed until July
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
The longer the delay, the more worried I am that this camera (while amazing on paper) might not be so great in practice. The pressure continues to build on Canon each day that the 1Dx sits in production. When the 1Dx was announced back in October, the feature set was amazing. However, with the release of the T4i today, this camera has features the 1Dx doesn't have. Technology doesn't stand still, and announcing the specs of a camera 9months ahead of delivery makes me feel like I am going to buy a slightly dated camera when it finally releases, instead of a "state of the art" machine.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 03:09:36 AM »
However, with the release of the T4i today, this camera has features the 1Dx doesn't have.

You want a touchscreen on the 1dx? Multi-image mode for jpeg to fix crappy noise performance? Or a built-in camcorder af mode "Much to the pleasure of aspiring student filmmakers and parents everywhere" as Canon states?

If you always want the bleeding edge, maybe a 1d body with its long product lifecycle isn't the best thing for you... but by all means get a 1dx or two, that keeps Canon's profit alive enabling them to do more r&d and release other bodies at sane prices :-p

nikkito

• Canon 6D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »
I don't get the anger and disappointment about the 1D X delays.  It comes out when it comes out.  In the meantime keep shooting with your current gear and have fun.

+1. Absolutely! If there are issues that need to be dealt with, I'd prefer it was delayed until Christmas if they need the time to get things right. A premature release can disappoint...

PW

No one wants canon to release the camera now if it's flawed, I can wait. But the thing is that canon announced this with lots of time so that people could plan with it. Some people, included me, did that and we keep on waiting and waiting always checking rumors sites. If Canon would just officially say, "hey this is what's happening, we have this problem, the camera will be released exactly this date" then we wouldn't be so disappointed.

Congrats on your post nr 500 by the way :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:24:57 AM by nikkito »
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

Photoguy

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 04:32:22 AM »
Well frig.... I was seconds away from pullingteh trigger inmarch with a sales rep bugging me like mad things liek that and this in hind sidte can make a customer no matetr what their level mad. wetther it be a CPS or a person who deems they need it. I love canon, I am a 7D shooter, my 7D is tired and I wanted a rugged better speed ahead of the curve body with FF, teh 1D X is that.

I do wish it was a smidge cheaper 5,500 woud be a nicer price and say video (if i dare mention it) video with 120fps at 720p if its gonna be a 7k body plus TAX.

PS best way to track frames over 9999 for acuations on this creature? or to check on th 7Ds current acuations?

FunPhotons

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »
However, with the release of the T4i today, this camera has features the 1Dx doesn't have.

You want a touchscreen on the 1dx? Multi-image mode for jpeg to fix crappy noise performance? Or a built-in camcorder af mode "Much to the pleasure of aspiring student filmmakers and parents everywhere" as Canon states?

If you always want the bleeding edge, maybe a 1d body with its long product lifecycle isn't the best thing for you... but by all means get a 1dx or two, that keeps Canon's profit alive enabling them to do more r&d and release other bodies at sane prices :-p

He made a good point. The Phase One has a touch screen, now a low end Canon does but not the 1DX. This product cycle of the 1DX is beyond ridiculous for a tech item. Is it really that difficult to come out with a new high end DSLR? I've worked on tech products orders of magnitude more advanced (multi million dollar test equipment and multi-billion dollar physics equipment) than a camera, and have never had a delay like this. I wonder what is going on at Canon.

nikkito

• Canon 6D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »
I called my "dealer" (that sounds bad :P) and he told me they spoke yesterday with Canon Switzerland. They were told that the first (very little amount) of cameras are coming in late June and that the stock will be increased two weeks later.

so yeah... July, August, whatever...

www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 09:23:22 AM »