July 31, 2014, 02:27:04 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rebel T4i/650D EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM & EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Officially Announced  (Read 18706 times)

drjlo

• 6D
    • View Profile
Bottom line: IQ and ISO in RAW will be the same as T2i\T3i.

Yup.  I can't believe my more than 2-year-old T2i will basically have the same RAW IQ as the latest and greatest Canon crop body offering, which is $849 body only.  It's rather sad. 

canon rumors FORUM

akiskev

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My flickr gallery
Some guy was telling that 650d would have a pentaprism. Too good to be true I guess  :-\
And no digic5+, just digic5 (I don't know the difference, just telling).

Nevertheless, I find 5fps and xxd af system to be nice improvements (for Canon). Maybe this is the one that will take the place of my old rebel when it dies. It perfectly suits my photographic needs. Smallest possible body, decent fps for trackdays and decent af.
Problem is that I'm not willing to pay more than 600 euros for it :D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:16:11 AM by akiskev »
Flickr | Canon EOS 3 | Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
EF 17-40mm f/4L | EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS | EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L
Zeiss 35mm f/2.4 | Zeiss 50mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 | Zeiss 200mm f/2.8 | Zeiss 80-200 f/4

aZhu

Is it just me, or is the 40mm pancake the only thing of interest in this whole press release? :P

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Is it just me, or is the 40mm pancake the only thing of interest in this whole press release? :P

No, there are probably many other 5D MkIII owners thinking the same!  ;D

briansquibb

I guess the 650D is a minority interest on this forum. I guess the 650D will hit the 60D sales, so a 70D must be close.

seymour110

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
This will mean the 70d will be around £1500 in UK I think, i was assuming it would be slightly more expensive than the original 60d price. I'm really quite disgusted with canon. While Nikon seem to be reducing/keeping their prices relatively low, canon have had a massive price hike. I wouldnt buy it anyway but 650d is £800 with lens, thats far too expensive for a beginner SLR. Furthermore, the 40mm pancake ($199) in USA is £229 in UK (about $353). I really don't understand Canon's mindset

whatta

• EOS M2
    • View Profile

I guess the 650D is a minority interest on this forum. I guess the 650D will hit the 60D sales, so a 70D must be close.

minority or not, I am one of them :)

finally an interesting rebel (especially after the 550d-600d minor upgrade)! I also think 70d will be here soon.
Canon 400d | efs 15-85 | efs 60/2.8 | Sigma 30/1.4 | (broken efs 17-85)

canon rumors FORUM

whatta

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
and where is the integrated wifi and the 640*480@120fps?
and why the video af does not work with USM?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:13:10 AM by whatta »
Canon 400d | efs 15-85 | efs 60/2.8 | Sigma 30/1.4 | (broken efs 17-85)

briansquibb

This will mean the 70d will be around £1500 in UK I think, i was assuming it would be slightly more expensive than the original 60d price. I'm really quite disgusted with canon. While Nikon seem to be reducing/keeping their prices relatively low, canon have had a massive price hike. I wouldnt buy it anyway but 650d is £800 with lens, thats far too expensive for a beginner SLR. Furthermore, the 40mm pancake ($199) in USA is £229 in UK (about $353). I really don't understand Canon's mindset

As the 7D is about £1000 then the 70D will come be about that (street) price within a year. The 650D body is £799 from WEX - at launch so this can be expected to drop to £699 quite quickly.

The black and yellow D7000 in comparison is about £900 at todays street price.

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Well this looks like a cracking little camera to me, not enough to tempt me to upgrade from a 500D as I want to go FF but actually that spec in a FF (5D2 sensor) would be my happy as a pig in poo camera

Leadfingers

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
So far there doesn't seem to be any consensus about whether video AF only works with these new STM lenses...that's a pretty big deal.

:-\
~ I look around me.  I describe what I see.
~~ Daria

Halocastle

Bottom line: IQ and ISO in RAW will be the same as T2i\T3i.

Yup.  I can't believe my more than 2-year-old T2i will basically have the same RAW IQ as the latest and greatest Canon crop body offering, which is $849 body only.  It's rather sad.

A great big, HUH?

With Digic 5?  No, RAW will NOT be the same! And IQ is totally SUBJECTIVE: hello, this is Earth, have we met?  Nobody, and I mean nobody, can speak to IQ.  It is ENTIRELY personal.  No?  What do you say to those who like their images to look soft?  Hmm?

NormanBates

• 6D
  • www.similaar.com
    • View Profile
    • www.similaar.com
^ I'm not so sure digic5 has any IQ advantages for RAW... I think its IQ benefits are mostly for jpg and video (and I'm not even sure the video ones are implemented here: I see no mention of IPB or all-I, and the bitrate numbers match the old h.264 codec)

canon rumors FORUM

hutjeflut

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
thats one hefty price ! 
the body only will be more expencive here (if the price calculates like the lenss) then the 60D body.

canon seems to step up there prices drasticly with the latest few models.

the 5d3 was a whopping 1 grand more  this camers is a whopping 200 euro more then the 600d was on release.

im worrties about the 70D wich by this pricing should be body only for 1300/1400 euro and the new 7D should go up to 1700/1800 wich are just rediculous prices... thats 2 times my monthly income good job canon for killing my hobby.
theres no way i can afford these lenses you make but now i cant even upgrade camera.

ah well everything for profits and the directors Mercedes/villa right?

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
I dunno, it seems like this puts some writing on the wall for the 60D . . . hopefully that writing says "coming soon"?
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM