October 01, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

Author Topic: Touch Screen in Future Full-Frames?  (Read 3115 times)

A3X

Re: Touch Screen in Future Full-Frames?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
From watching the video release, the touch screen seams perfect for reviewing, and thats mostly what I would want out of it. Maybe having your favourite settings prefixed in a quick one touch to switch inbetween, but it should be able to be 'locked or disabled' during shooting.
[Canon Touch Screen] Canon 650D Touch Screen Demo Full

As for the 'Vari-angle' screens as Don Haines said for when the camera is attached to a telescope, or when your wearing expensive threads and kneeling or getting down to ground level is not possible! It's all about the image, haha!

In the meantime, I guess ill have to stick with my Android phone and DSLR Controller APP. Which works great! DSLR Controller - Android + Canon EOS - LiveView

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »

Otter

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
I definitely do not want to see a touch screen on the pro level bodies.  I am a fan of physical buttons, it is just one more thing that can cause issues with the camera over time, in terms of not being responsive.  I have bigger hands and do not want to be pressing the wrong buttons and going back and forth betwen menus when I don't have to.  As well, If I am trying to look at the images I have shot, I do not want fingerprints all over my viewing area. 

lexonio

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 02:04:31 PM »
Don't you think it's going to be difficult introducing touch screens to pro bodies since there is a considerable layer of reinforced glass on the LCD? Plastic-y Rebel LCDs are ideal for touch-screens though.

TrumpetPower!

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »
Don't you think it's going to be difficult introducing touch screens to pro bodies since there is a considerable layer of reinforced glass on the LCD? Plastic-y Rebel LCDs are ideal for touch-screens though.

I take it you've never held an iPhone in your hand?

b&

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 10:08:02 PM »
To A3X,

I also use tethered shooting....a wonderful tool! Did you know that you can get 50 foot long USB2 cables with active repeaters that will allow you to be tethered quite a ways away? How long before we have a wireless connection from the camera to an Ipad? That would be the mother of all vari-angle touch screens!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:11:25 PM by Don Haines »
The best camera is the one in your hands

briansquibb

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »
Personally I dislike touch screens - my fingers are too big - on my phone using the soft keypad is hit and miss as my finger covers 4 numbers at a time.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »
Touch screens on pro level bodies? It's probably inevitable but just so long as they are there as an option. Properly located buttons & joysticks that fall naturally to hand without taking your eyes off the action are a must...at least until instant, perfect voice control takes the stage.

And that would want to be a whole lot better than Siri. Can you imagine it? "Siri, focus on the eyes...no, not those eyes, the other ones...hey that's a nose...oh forget it...Siri, switch to full manual...no not the user-guide manual...SIRI behave !!!!  (coming this century)

There's a place for touch-screen for something like Q or Info, but please, not for the menus. And no Siri.

PW

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »