Image & Video Galleries > 5D MK III Sample Images

Post Your 5D Mark III Bird shots (cropped or uncropped) here

(1/10) > >>

revup67:
This is a Nutmeg Mannakin spotted in the tall brush at Newport Beach's Back Bay Eco Reserve.  The bird can't sit still for more than a moment.  He constantly hops from one branch to another.  This is a crop off a JPG original shot in RAW.  Cropped dimensions are 1567x1044.  It's razor sharp.  I'm not so sure I need that 7D anymore.  Specs are ISO 640, 1/1600 and F6.3.

Nutmeg Mannikin (Lonchura punctulata) aka Spice Finch by Revup67, on Flickr

revup67:
This one was spotted in Laguna Niguel Regional Park.  It is a Common Tern.  Taken with 400mm L 5.6 and cropped to 1556 x 1037 from 5760 x 3840

revup67:
Here's a Male Great Tailed Grackle (blackbird family) also from the same Park.

wickidwombat:
That BIF shot is sooooo sharp! what are your AF settings for shooting BIF?

revup67:

--- Quote ---That BIF shot is sooooo sharp! what are your AF settings for shooting BIF?
--- End quote ---

Wicki..coming form you that is a real compliment thanks.  After much experiment with the 400m on a 7D and 5D I have found the best settings for birds in the sky are: EC +1 to 1 2/3, 1/1600 to 1/2000, Tv priority, ISO 100 the aperture usually ranges between 5.6 and 6.3, Ai Servo and Zone AF.  Zone Af is key but be sure to switch that off if not tracking such a large subject as I've ruined a few butterfly shots recently where Spot Af should have been chosen.  I sometimes alternate between Evaluative metering and Partial metering.  If Partial Metering I don't overexpose as much about 2/3's on EC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version