Image & Video Galleries > 5D MK III Sample Images

Post Your 5D Mark III Bird shots (cropped or uncropped) here

<< < (2/10) > >>

revup67:
Great tailed Grackle - Female.  Canon 5D Mark III with 400mm 5.6 uncropped

Great tailed Grackle (female) by Revup67, on Flickr

revup67:
Great Blue Heron in Dana Point Harbor 6-12-12. It's prey is strangely enough is a ground squirrel who's on its way out (was alive at this point).  Two spectators and myself were quite surprised to see this event unfold as most believed these birds to focus on fish, not ground squirrels.

Hung Out To Dry, then Eaten; Great Blue Heron with Squirrel by Revup67, on Flickr

revup67:
The Black Crowned Night Heron - Dana Point Harbor, CA 6-12-12

This photo is pretty much untouched except to adjust the white balance which was ever so slightly off.  Basically the image is straight out of the camera. If anyone has their doubts or gripes about what the 5D can't do this ought to keep them quiet :)

Black-crowned Night-Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax ) by Revup67, on Flickr

Kernuak:

--- Quote from: revup67 on June 13, 2012, 12:14:13 AM ---Great Blue Heron in Dana Point Harbor 6-12-12. It's prey is strangely enough is a ground squirrel who's on its way out (was alive at this point).  Two spectators and myself were quite surprised to see this event unfold as most believed these birds to focus on fish, not ground squirrels.

Hung Out To Dry, then Eaten; Great Blue Heron with Squirrel by Revup67, on Flickr

--- End quote ---
While I've never seen it myself, it's cousin the grey heron (similar sort of size) is known to take nesting birds when the opportunity arises. Like many predators, herons are opportunists, so while it's surprising, it isn't completely unexpected that it might take a mammal that was stupid enough to get too close.

revup67:
Same scene with Great Blue Heron and Ground Squirrel in flight.."Hey Rocky"!

Great Blue Heron with Squirrel In Flight by Revup67, on Flickr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version