December 21, 2014, 02:07:26 AM

Author Topic: Where will the next High MP Canon be positioned?  (Read 763 times)

photogaz

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Photogaz
Where will the next High MP Canon be positioned?
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »
If rumours are correct, Canon are preparing a high MP camera later this year.  The trouble is I have difficulty seeing which market they are going to go for:

1. 1D X price range with high MP
2. 5D Mark III price range.

If they opt for the latter, I can't see anyone buying a Mark III any more unless the Mark III had better noise or they limited the focus on the new High MP SLR, but then the Nikon would still be the best option.  The biggest problem is the 5D Mark III noise and dynamic range, if they rocked on the Mark III, then there would be no worry but with virtually no improvement, what do Canon do?

canon rumors FORUM

Where will the next High MP Canon be positioned?
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Where will the next High MP Canon be positioned?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »
If rumours are correct, Canon are preparing a high MP camera later this year.  The trouble is I have difficulty seeing which market they are going to go for:

1. 1D X price range with high MP
2. 5D Mark III price range.

If they opt for the latter, I can't see anyone buying a Mark III any more unless the Mark III had better noise or they limited the focus on the new High MP SLR, but then the Nikon would still be the best option.  The biggest problem is the 5D Mark III noise and dynamic range, if they rocked on the Mark III, then there would be no worry but with virtually no improvement, what do Canon do?

If they've got a higher MP sensor that still lags behind the Nikon/Sony in resolution and DR then perhaps the firest option might be a better move? in 1D body it would obviously have advanatges over the D800 and might appeal to a different market.

The same sensor could then be put into a lower MP body and sold as a budget FF camera, again avoiding direct competision with the D800.

HurtinMinorKey

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • carolineculler.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
It will be priced between. It will have 2-3fps.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »