April 20, 2014, 10:50:53 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS Rebel T4i First Impression Review  (Read 16038 times)

bkorcel

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T4i First Impression Review
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »
You can save even more money and get the T2i instead.  T3i does not offer much more than the T2i plus you can run Magic Lantern on it and open up a new world of settings including time lapse, intervalometer, motion detection, focus trapping, full manual control over video and audio, and some other cool features like 4 fps video mode.

At the rate these discounts and rebates are flowing, you could probobly get a T2i body for half the cost of the T4i now.

I don't like the price point though.  :(.  But  that's not new to canon.  Ok to do that on the pro line but on consumer models you need to make it affordable for soccer moms.

canon rebel t3i also is a great dslr, see the t3i vs t4i comparison, http://t3ivst4i.com, due to the new t4i released, I believe t3i will have a great discount recently.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 02:18:20 PM »

jrista

• 1D X
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »
Well, the first thing I have to say is that camera review site, digitalcamerainfo.com, is a very annoying site. The navigation sucks, and having full-page ad interruptions every time you change to a different page is excessively intrusive and annoying....WOW...  :o

If I can get through the my extreme annoyance, I might have something to say in the near future....but wow...
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: Canon 5D III/7D II | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
If I can get through the my extreme annoyance, I might have something to say in the near future....but wow...

Real reviews will take a while, so you can as well skip "first impressions" on dubious sites alltogether, they're at lear partly only putting these out to climb in search ranking. To say about real world performance of the new video af & touchpad usability, a reviewer will have to really use the camera body.

Silverstream

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
What would be interesting to find out is how the sensor performs relative to the old 18MP sensor.  Canon has been very silent about the fact that the sensor is new, aside from the fact that it now incorporates phase detect AF capability.  Either Canon doesn't want to draw any attention to the fact that the IQ has not been improved, or Canon doesn't want to draw any attention to IQ improvements for fear of impacting 60D and 7D sales.

I was thinking the same thing. Several reviews have read that they used a pre-production model so they couldn't do that level of testing. That surprises me because the sensor should be a final and a RAW should require no camera processing or am I naive? I sure hope that the latter reason you give is right?

J. Scott

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »
DP Review has some sample images posted in their review of the T4i. As a current T2i shooter I can tell the usable ISO is MUCH improved. Surprisingly even 12800 wasn't too bad and NIK software's Define 2.0 cleaned the bit of noise up nicely.

Terry Rogers

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
I don't like the price point though.  :(.  But  that's not new to canon.  Ok to do that on the pro line but on consumer models you need to make it affordable for soccer moms.

canon rebel t3i also is a great dslr, see the t3i vs t4i comparison, http://t3ivst4i.com, due to the new t4i released, I believe t3i will have a great discount recently.

In the comparison you linked it says "The 650D has a radio-controlled flash system, akin to the EOS SD Mark III"...

I was not aware the 5DIII could fire the 600 EX-RT via wireless radio without having a radio trigger attached?!? I did not see this feature listed once in all the reading I've done about the 5DIII. If the 5DIII doesn't have it... why the hell not!!!??? I could only imagin how useful a built in radio trigger would be to a working professional who doesn't want the added weight and imbalance of an on camera flash just to trigger their wireless speedlites.

I'm I off in this assessment, or is this a pretty big deal in a rebel body?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:59:40 PM by Terry Rogers »
Rebel T3i,  EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS, 430 EX II

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »
In the comparison you linked it says "The 650D has a radio-controlled flash system, akin to the EOS SD Mark III"...

This is software *only* and means you can control radio flashes through the camera display and mostly skip using the lcd in the flash, just like the 5d2 and infrared flashes.. For radio flashes, you still need a controller or 600rt attached, afaik there is no radio hardware inside the camera body.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »

EOS 5D Mk. III User Group

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 01:01:46 AM »
For a T4i / 650D product-specific stream of sample videos, daily news and discussion:

Vimeo:  http://vimeo.com/groups/t4i
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/eosT4i
Facebook:  http://focuspull.in/fbT4i

bkorcel

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
I too am wondering this.  I was at a shoot this week with multiple photgraphers.  One had a radio flash unit set up on studio flashes.  Every time I used the 5D3 with my flash it would fire their strobes.  They did not have an IR system unless it was picking it up via their camera (The strobes were all wireless).

It gave me pause to consider the possibility that the 5DIII was emitting a wireless signal.  I discovered that IR and wireless master were enabled on my camera but I did not have time to turn it off (risking perhaps losing my own flash capability during a critical shoot).

I still dont know the answer and I dont have any wireless equipment to test it with.

I was not aware the 5DIII could fire the 600 EX-RT via wireless radio without having a radio trigger attached?!? I did not see this feature listed once in all the reading I've done about the 5DIII. If the 5DIII doesn't have it... why the hell not!!!??? I could only imagin how useful a built in radio trigger would be to a working professional who doesn't want the added weight and imbalance of an on camera flash just to trigger their wireless speedlites.

I'm I off in this assessment, or is this a pretty big deal in a rebel body?

Product2review

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
Just wanted to let you know. Youtube is a option but the reviews on this Canon t4i review site are also oke

regards
Marc

daviderock

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

qucik look at the difference on t4i and t3i,
Canon EOS Rebel T3i                            Canon EOS Rebel T4i
18mp CMOS                                            18mp hybrid CMOS
DIGIC 4                                                       DIGIC 5
TFT LCD                                                      Touch Screen
Max. approx. 3.7  fps                         Max. approx. 5.0 fps
6 raw/34 JPEG                                       6 raw/22 JPEG
3 inches 3:2 TFT LCD(1.04 megapixels)            3 inches 3:2  Touch TFT LCD (1.04 megapixels)
ISO 100 – ISO 6400 / 12800 (expanded)    ISO 100 – ISO 12,800 / 25600 (expanded)
-0.5 to 18 EV                                                 -0.5 to 18 EV
0.85x/ 0.53x                                               0.85x/ 0.53x
63-zone iFCL                                                63-zone iFCL
Mono; mic input                                 Stereo; mic input
470 shots                                                      470 shots
5.1×3.8×3                                              5.1×3.8×3
March 2011                                            June 2012

sorry i can't upload the picture i shot.may you gays can find more on this.http://t4ivst3i.com/canon-rebel-eos-t4i-vs-60d-comparison/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »