December 21, 2014, 12:00:06 AM

Poll

How many of you have the 1DX on preorder?

I preordered since announcement/preorders were being taken.
31 (75.6%)
I preordered after comparing with 5D3.
5 (12.2%)
I cancelled after 5D3 announcement.
2 (4.9%)
I cancelled because of the delay (or other misc. reasons)
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: 1DX on preorder  (Read 6437 times)

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
1DX on preorder
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
Just curious to see how many here have preordered the 1DX. Many people post that they have. I decided that a poll would give us some numbers.

canon rumors FORUM

1DX on preorder
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »

Obaidey

Re: 1DX on preorder
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
* I preordered since announcement/preorders were being taken.
* I preordered after comparing with 5D3.
* I cancelled after 5D3 announcement.
Interesting poll
Excuse my ignorance, but, if I am not intending to buy 1DX, but still curious to see the poll results, could the results be revealed without actually voting?
If there is no way to do that, I do not want to pollute the survey with an irrelevant datum, just to reveal the results to myself
Perhaps you can add something similar to "None of the above applies to me" or "I am not considering 1DX"
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:01:34 AM by Obaidey »

Zouk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »
* I preordered since announcement/preorders were being taken.
* I preordered after comparing with 5D3.
* I cancelled after 5D3 announcement.
Interesting poll
Excuse my ignorance, but, if I am not intending to buy 1DX, but still curious to see the poll results, could the results be revealed without actually voting?
If there is no way to do that, I do not want to pollute the survey with an irrelevant datum, just to reveal the results to myself
Perhaps you can add something similar to "None of the above applies to me" or "I am not considering 1DX"

Obaidey

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
Thanks Zouk
Being past middle age is hard
Long time ago, I used to be somewhat brighter. Honest
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:17:02 AM by Obaidey »

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
Yeah.. when I first created the Poll I had it checked that you needed to vote to see the results, but then I realized that some people may have NOT preordered and would like to see the results.. So I changed it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:27:38 AM by JEAraman »

FunPhotons

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:08:45 PM »
Not enough choices. I preordered and stuck with it, until the delays got to be too long and rumors of a Big Pixel 3D/etc coming out.

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
Not enough choices. I preordered and stuck with it, until the delays got to be too long and rumors of a Big Pixel 3D/etc coming out.

makes sense.. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

Zouk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »
I preordered one, sold off my remaining Nikon gear in anticipation of the switch, and have been in a holding pattern ever since.

I'm now fourth in line with my dealer, but if mid-August rolls around and I still have no 1DX, I'm canceling and getting a Mk. IV.  I must have the new body and a 400 by (college) football season.

We'll see if Canon delivers...

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
I preordered one, sold off my remaining Nikon gear in anticipation of the switch, and have been in a holding pattern ever since.

I'm now fourth in line with my dealer, but if mid-August rolls around and I still have no 1DX, I'm canceling and getting a Mk. IV.  I must have the new body and a 400 by (college) football season.

We'll see if Canon delivers...

so you're not shooting at all till then?

Shooter

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • JIm WIlson Photography
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
I've had two "X"'s on order since they were announced in October. Like many people, I was a bit miffed by the fact it wasn't the "big" sensor camera, but figured the refined sensor and buffer speed would make it worth adding a couple to my equipment list. The fact that it seems to be an imaginary camera at this point led me to do something that I really hadn't anticipated, that's buy my first Nikon in 20 years, a D800. I'll use the 800 for architecture and air to air aviation work. Nikon has really done their homework, the D800 is a joy to shoot with and the images must be seen to be believed.

I'll probably still take delivery on an "X", if they ever really release it, but the bloom is off the rose for me, too many delays, to much uncertainty.
JW

JEAraman

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
I've had two "X"'s on order since they were announced in October. Like many people, I was a bit miffed by the fact it wasn't the "big" sensor camera, but figured the refined sensor and buffer speed would make it worth adding a couple to my equipment list. The fact that it seems to be an imaginary camera at this point led me to do something that I really hadn't anticipated, that's buy my first Nikon in 20 years, a D800. I'll use the 800 for architecture and air to air aviation work. Nikon has really done their homework, the D800 is a joy to shoot with and the images must be seen to be believed.

I'll probably still take delivery on an "X", if they ever really release it, but the bloom is off the rose for me, too many delays, to much uncertainty.

Yeah, what's happening with the 1DX delivery is unbelievable... Sadly, everyone is forced to wait and will eventually get it. I'm just wondering why the early announcement.. it just took away so much of Canon's credebility!

Zouk

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
so you're not shooting at all till then?

I'm up in the Appalachian mountains doing wildlife research this summer, away from everything I shoot.  Most of what I do out there is recorded with a GoPro, for weight's sake.  If I need gear otherwise, I grab a D200 for the day out of the gear cabinet.

It's a good time to make the switch.

Shooter

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
    • JIm WIlson Photography
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »
I find it really interesting that discussions are popping up indicating that Canon is rethinking it's stance on "the big sensor" camera, due to the overwhelming interest in Nikon's D800. Am I to understand that Canon didn't realize most pro shooters were expecting the next flagship body to be a 35-40 mp sensor full frame? Am I to understand further that the minds at Canon have been awakened by the fact that their major competitor actually produced a 36.6 mp camera, and even more amazingly, is sending it to retail shelves for people to actually buy? If there's a shred of truth to any of that line of thinking, someone should line Canon upper mgmnt. up and tell them to "seek other opportunities". That doesn't even address the fact that Nikon did this all at a street price of $2995.00.

As a two decade Canon devotee, with enough invested in bodies and glass to choke a horse, I'm more than a little disillusioned by their current seeming lack of strategy.
JW

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:43 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
I find it really interesting that discussions are popping up indicating that Canon is rethinking it's stance on "the big sensor" camera, due to the overwhelming interest in Nikon's D800. Am I to understand that Canon didn't realize most pro shooters were expecting the next flagship body to be a 35-40 mp sensor full frame? Am I to understand further that the minds at Canon have been awakened by the fact that their major competitor actually produced a 36.6 mp camera, and even more amazingly, is sending it to retail shelves for people to actually buy? If there's a shred of truth to any of that line of thinking, someone should line Canon upper mgmnt. up and tell them to "seek other opportunities". That doesn't even address the fact that Nikon did this all at a street price of $2995.00.

As a two decade Canon devotee, with enough invested in bodies and glass to choke a horse, I'm more than a little disillusioned by their current seeming lack of strategy.

Ahhh, so your need for high resolution must have driven you to abandon Canon long ago, in favor of medium format?  Right?!?

What makes you think Canon lacks strategy?  They dominate the dSLR market for a reason.  Objective reviewers who have compared the D800 and 5DIII have concluded that the 5DIII is a better all-around camera, although for landscapes the D800 is better. So, it sounds to me like Canon's strategy is right on track - and that strategy is, of course, to make the most profit possible.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Speed

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »
Am I to understand that Canon didn't realize most pro shooters were expecting the next flagship body to be a 35-40 mp sensor full frame?

What, I don't know any pro shooters wanting 35-40 mp.  I certainly don't, that would be useless to me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:42:36 AM by Speed »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »