July 24, 2014, 05:06:29 AM

Author Topic: BG-E11 ... available anywhere reputable?  (Read 987 times)

justsomedude

• 7D
  • Canon 5D3 and 6D
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
BG-E11 ... available anywhere reputable?
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »
I'm looking to snag a BG-E11, but the big guys all seem to be sold out (Adorama, BH, Amazon, etc.).  There are a bunch of random shops that claim to have it in stock - but I've never dealt with any of them, and the majority seem to have hit-or-miss experiences in their Google reviews.

Should I trust these small guys, or wait for the big names to get more stock in?

canon rumors FORUM

BG-E11 ... available anywhere reputable?
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:46 AM »

Hesham

Re: BG-E11 ... available anywhere reputable?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:52 AM »
I'm looking to snag a BG-E11, but the big guys all seem to be sold out (Adorama, BH, Amazon, etc.).  There are a bunch of random shops that claim to have it in stock - but I've never dealt with any of them, and the majority seem to have hit-or-miss experiences in their Google reviews.

Should I trust these small guys, or wait for the big names to get more stock in?

Got mine from Unique Photo @ a low price ($319). They still have them in stock now @ $329. Nothing bad to say about them so far, quick service, original un-opened product:
http://store.uniquephoto.com/e/index.php/canon-battery-grip-bg-e11-5261b001.html

JerryKnight

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:59:09 AM »

Got mine from Unique Photo @ a low price ($319). They still have them in stock now @ $329. Nothing bad to say about them so far, quick service, original un-opened product:
http://store.uniquephoto.com/e/index.php/canon-battery-grip-bg-e11-5261b001.html

+1

I also went with Unique at the same price. First, I emailed them to make sure their "In Stock" status was accurate. They replied within an hour saying it was really in stock, so I cancelled my B&H order and ordered from Unique, and it shipped the same day.

I share the skepticism of the somewhat shady online shops with suspicious prices, and I tend to shop at B&H, but Unique Photo has proven themselves to me.

Razor2012

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »

That was a steal, I think I paid $380 + tax.
5D MKIII w grip, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 2.8L II, 100 2.8L IS macro, 600EX-RT

jmp2000

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »

+2 or whatever. I ordered thru Unique and paid $319 and it was shipped the next morning. I'd use them again.

tt

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
For the UK - Jessops and others like 1stcameras should be getting some around 22nd June roughly - the big sellers should be getting a date from Canon (who do a Next Day to the seller, so the seller can then know when they can ship to customers).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:48:07 AM by tt »

JBL

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
Looking at this list:

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/03876/Canon-BG-E11-Battery-Grip-for-5D-Mark-III-price.html

BuyDig has in stock for $339, as does Abe's (for $334, if you can survive their upsell call). All the merchants on that list are pretty "major" ones.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »