April 24, 2014, 02:08:01 PM

Author Topic: 4 More DSLRs Coming in 2012? [CR2]  (Read 33008 times)

dilbert

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: 4 More DSLRs Coming in 2012? [CR2]
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »
How long from the rumour to 'fact' - 8 years?

The 1DX is IMO a replacement for the 1D4 - the 1DS3 was just dumped with the usual executive words around it to avoid upsetting the studio shooters

Does it matter how long it took?

And do you have reason to believe that it could have been any quicker than it was?

And for what it's worth, your opinion on the positioning of the 1DX is a whole lot less valuable than any comment from a Canon exec.

My 'opinion'  is a comparison of  two real cameras - not  vapourware of an event  that might or might not happen somewhere in the future.  Shame you have to keep putting down people for saying their opinion.

Opinions are like a******s - everyone's got one. I'm not interested in opinions because they're worthless and they shouldn't be presented as if they were fact.

Do you really think the 18mps ff 1DX is a sucessor to a 21mps ff?

Well this is a quote from Canon's press release for the 1DX:
"As the new leader in Canon’s arsenal of professional DSLRs, the EOS-1D X will be a high-speed multimedia juggernaut replacing both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV models in Canon’s lineup."

Need any more be said?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2012, 06:56:46 AM »

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
Well this is a quote from Canon's press release for the 1DX:
"As the new leader in Canon’s arsenal of professional DSLRs, the EOS-1D X will be a high-speed multimedia juggernaut replacing both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV models in Canon’s lineup."

Need any more be said?

one thing that could be said is that an official press release saying that an 18 replaces a 16 and a 21 doesn't necessarily change the opinions of, or how these respective cameras are viewed,  by those who use them professionally. 

Another thing that could be said is that press releases like this are designed to sell products and to optimally frame the company's acheivements to date versus the compromises they have made.

Still another thing that could be said is that the release is absent any meaningful reference to how Canons long standing tradition or legacy/whatever intends to address those distance constrained situations where getting more pixels on the image is paramount. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 09:33:28 AM by dlleno »

briansquibb

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
I love it - I say what my 'opinion' is - and I get accused of stating it as fact

I ask a simple question and I get quoted the Canon marketing release - so obviously no opinion there then.

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
I love it - I say what my 'opinion' is - and I get accused of stating it as fact

I ask a simple question and I get quoted the Canon marketing release - so obviously no opinion there then.

dilbert, what's the deal?  You don't know any more for fact that anyone else on this forum.  Afterall, did you not notice the word "rumors" in the website title?  I enjoy opinions personally.  If you want just cold hard facts, you're in the wrong place.

Now what I'm really curious to see is the 1D body they mention.  Or will it not be a 1D, maybe a 3D?  Who knows.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »