November 25, 2014, 06:15:36 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X - June 20, 2012 in Japan  (Read 40700 times)

wopbv4

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X - June 20, 2012 in Japan
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:30 AM »
Camera Electronic in Perth, Australia have been told that the first batch of 1DXs wil arrive on Monday July 2nd. They do not know how many they will get
1DX, 7D and lots of gear

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2012, 01:15:30 AM »

4thchicken

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2012, 08:25:46 AM »
For those interested...
EOS 1DX 50mmF1 0 ISO 204800

Cant wait to see camera reviews+real world pictures etc :)

JaxPhotoBuff

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2012, 09:07:33 AM »
Well, I just checked with my local camera store this afternoon, and I was told that all of the production is going towards the Olympics and that we Canadians and probably the Americans should not expect to see any units until late July at the earliest or after the Olympics in late August.  I would hate to speculate on the timing for the release of this camera if it were not for the Olympics.  My 0.02¢ FWIW. >:(

WesternGuy

Interesting, but worth noting that this conflicts with reports from Crapking and Erik Klein, both earlier in this thread, who reported that B&H expected they may ship before the end of this month (Crapking), and Adorama expected delivery from Canon by the end of June for shipping to customers by 1st week of July.

Don't know who is right, but at least the U.S. stores are telling customers that they expect to be shipping cameras by the first week of July. I hope they are right, and that they are shipping for delivery prior to July 4th.  I've got some festivities I would like to shoot with the camera!

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »
"We had a demo from Canon at the beginning of the week, the Canon rep. told us that we should be getting the camera by mid-July, the question is how many cameras will Canon ship. 
I'm guarded optimistic that we should have enough cameras to cover all the order that we in the system. This is the most up to date information that I can share with you."

From a friendly salesman in USA.

WesternGuy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2012, 12:06:40 PM »
Well, I just checked with my local camera store this afternoon, and I was told that all of the production is going towards the Olympics and that we Canadians and probably the Americans should not expect to see any units until late July at the earliest or after the Olympics in late August.  I would hate to speculate on the timing for the release of this camera if it were not for the Olympics.  My 0.02¢ FWIW. >:(

WesternGuy

Interesting, but worth noting that this conflicts with reports from Crapking and Erik Klein, both earlier in this thread, who reported that B&H expected they may ship before the end of this month (Crapking), and Adorama expected delivery from Canon by the end of June for shipping to customers by 1st week of July.

Don't know who is right, but at least the U.S. stores are telling customers that they expect to be shipping cameras by the first week of July. I hope they are right, and that they are shipping for delivery prior to July 4th.  I've got some festivities I would like to shoot with the camera!

I guess we will find out - as the old saying goes - "they also serve who only stand and wait" :) - I guess that would be us 8)

WesternGuy

bobcat300

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
email from Canon today  06/22/2012  We appreciate your continued correspondence regarding the EOS-1D X.

I understand that end of June is drawing near.  Unfortunately, there is still no official release date from Canon USA.  For news and updates we recommend checking Canon's website at www.usa.canon.com.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with the EOS -1D X.  Thank you for choosing Canon.

vinfung88

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
Live chatted with B&H today, they have no way of giving priority to CPS platinum members unfortunately, but I was told I am high on the list with an order # xxxxx86xxx ending with low numbers ;)
They suggested possible delivery by my next project, June 28.    One can only hope :)

Hey Crapking, just wondering if you have any more updates, do you think it still holds true for your possible delivery date?thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »
June 28 from B&H?  Uh, no.

I really hope I'm wrong, but...
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

vinfung88

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
June 28 from B&H?  Uh, no.

I really hope I'm wrong, but...

lol, i hope so too haha

Redleecr7

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2012, 04:37:20 AM »
Hey there this is my first post I have been hooked on Canon Rumours forums ever since I ordered my 1 DX back in October. I have followed all the doom and gloom surrounding the release of the 1dx, with talk of a delay untill September. I would just like to tell everybody out there that I got an email and a phone call from Calumet yesterday to confirm that my 1DX has been dispatched to there Manchester store via fed-ex!! I am due to pick it up at 2 o'clock today Saturday 23rd June sooo excited! I am not a professional or cps member just an enthusiast who ordered last October Calumet have  been fantastic with me, they only took full payment off me on Wednesday and got me the camera for Saturday! So hang in there if you have ordered one it is on the way!!!

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2012, 07:44:02 AM »
Hey there this is my first post I have been hooked on Canon Rumours forums ever since I ordered my 1 DX back in October. I have followed all the doom and gloom surrounding the release of the 1dx, with talk of a delay untill September. I would just like to tell everybody out there that I got an email and a phone call from Calumet yesterday to confirm that my 1DX has been dispatched to there Manchester store via fed-ex!! I am due to pick it up at 2 o'clock today Saturday 23rd June sooo excited! I am not a professional or cps member just an enthusiast who ordered last October Calumet have  been fantastic with me, they only took full payment off me on Wednesday and got me the camera for Saturday! So hang in there if you have ordered one it is on the way!!!

Wow! Kindly PLEASE post here immediately after you get it. Will be happy for you and also will call my store to check progress..... Thx.....!!

sephknite

« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »

Congrats! Post some pictures or a unboxing video for us folks that are still sitting on our pre-orders!  ;D

robin

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

Congrats! Post some pictures or a unboxing video for us folks that are still sitting on our pre-orders!  ;D

Strange, I thought the preorder started in March 2012... and Calumet does not even have one "1d" body on their site....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

Crapking

• Canon 6D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
Live chatted with B&H today, they have no way of giving priority to CPS platinum members unfortunately, but I was told I am high on the list with an order # xxxxx86xxx ending with low numbers ;)
They suggested possible delivery by my next project, June 28.    One can only hope :)

Hey Crapking, just wondering if you have any more updates, do you think it still holds true for your possible delivery date?thanks!

No updates unfortunately...as mentioned earlier, my only info came during a live chat with the B/H rep who 'suggested' a possible delivery before my next assignment (FIVB/Jr National Volleyball tournaments in Dallas July 1-8). He did say I was high in the queue based on my order number but was not specific.  :-\
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7DII, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

pup73

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
Strange, I thought the preorder started in March 2012... and Calumet does not even have one "1d" body on their site....
[/quote]

i don't know when exactly pre-orders started, but one place i have a pre-order with confirmed that i placed my order january 13...

-c
1DX, 5DIII, 1DsII, 35L, 85L, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8II, and some other stuff

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »