Gear Talk > Technical Support

removing dust from sensor

(1/2) > >>

xROELOFx:
hi all,
i would like to have some tips/suggestions for removing dust from the sensor of my camera. yesterday i discovered some really annoying dust particles and so far i was not able to remove them with just a lens blower.

so i was browsing the website of my local camerastore and they sell these swaps. does anyone have experience with them? or would you suggest something else? if possible, i don't want to sent my camera to cps because it will be away for a couple of days. but i also don't want to damage my sensor. any advice is helpfull!

thanks!

neuroanatomist:
After the rocket blower, I use a Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly 724 Super Bright.

xROELOFx:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on June 15, 2012, 09:30:23 AM ---After the rocket blower, I use a Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly 724 Super Bright.

--- End quote ---
thanks for your reply! this seems like an okay tool to use. i'm going to give it a try and hope none of the dust is of the sticky type that needs wet cleaning.

Mt Spokane Photography:
I've wet cleaned sensors to remove baked on dust several times.  The big no no is using too much fluid, it might get under the AA filter.  I usually use 5 sensor swabs before it finally comes clean, its not just a simple swipe of a wet swab.

Of course, wet cleaning is a last resort.

RLPhoto:
1. Blower.

2. More blower.

3. Send it in to canon. I've got a couple free cleanings from them.

4. Wet cleaning with eclipse and sensor swabs. I've done it twice and wouldn't want to do it again. In a pinch, it's a lifesaver. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version