If you don't want to wait 6 months or however long then go 7D if both are a possibility I wouldn't even waste my time with a 60D. Also Canon Loyalty program charges about 1000 for a 7D body if they are in stock.
I have a 60D already and i love it. and a used 7d with 18-135 alone is $300 more than a new 60D with 18-135 with a battery and same size/speed. which could make it worth it. Images of the same quality 60D vs 7D. don't need super fast burst. i like the af and build quality of 7d. think that is worth $300?
Don't make decisions based on rumors, if you need a camera now get whatever suits your needs the best (and is readily available). No one can tell you when we'll see a 70D for sure, but if I had to guess I'd say September (Photokina).
Don't need the camera right away. I have plenty of gear to hold me off. but i kinda need a 4th camera and don't want to keep borrowing my buddies t2i. so it may be well worth the wait if the 70D will be here in 3-4 months and will have better video (better nr, moire/aliasing). Guess i'm kinda wanting a digic 5+ 7D with better nr and moire/aliasing handling.