August 29, 2014, 10:41:51 PM

Author Topic: Holy Crap - Adelaide gets the Pancake First.  (Read 4230 times)

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
Holy Crap - Adelaide gets the Pancake First.
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:39:14 AM »
Beleive it or not, I saw one this afternoon.
Stopped past www.photographicwholesalers.com.au on the way home from work to get a battery for my EOS 3, planned to ask them if/when they'd be getting one in, and up there on the shelf is one attached to a 600D on display. Unpacked today, or maybe yesterday, and 2 others in stock.
That's not even the surprising bit.
It was only $250.
That's less than B+H + Shipping (199+57=$256), and B+H still don't even have them.

I was so tempted to buy one, just in case he misread and it was meant to be $350 (which is more where I'd guess, given canon's aussie prices). But I signed up to buy a house last week so I'm meant to be not buying more lenses (I'm already in the bad books for not calling the mortgage broker today, bringing home a new lens as well would probably have meant that we wouldn't be buying a house...)
Still, I had to tear myself away from the counter and put the amex away, it was a very tempting deal...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

Holy Crap - Adelaide gets the Pancake First.
« on: June 18, 2012, 07:39:14 AM »

Chewngum

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • F1.6 is the best.
    • View Profile
    • Peter Kingsley Photography
Re: Holy Crap - Adelaide gets the Pancake First.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »
Beleive it or not, I saw one this afternoon.
Stopped past www.photographicwholesalers.com.au on the way home from work to get a battery for my EOS 3, planned to ask them if/when they'd be getting one in, and up there on the shelf is one attached to a 600D on display. Unpacked today, or maybe yesterday, and 2 others in stock.
That's not even the surprising bit.
It was only $250.
That's less than B+H + Shipping (199+57=$256), and B+H still don't even have them.

I was so tempted to buy one, just in case he misread and it was meant to be $350 (which is more where I'd guess, given canon's aussie prices). But I signed up to buy a house last week so I'm meant to be not buying more lenses (I'm already in the bad books for not calling the mortgage broker today, bringing home a new lens as well would probably have meant that we wouldn't be buying a house...)
Still, I had to tear myself away from the counter and put the amex away, it was a very tempting deal...

By it for me and send it Sydney way then...$250, stoked!
Cameras: 5d2, 5d3
Lenses: 17-40L 24-105L 50L 100L s35A s85 70-200L IS II + lots of flashes. About 100 previous bodies/lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Holy Crap - Adelaide gets the Pancake First.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:58:21 AM »