September 02, 2014, 03:27:14 PM

Author Topic: Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability  (Read 24568 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
Lots of people wondering.
Wondering when you can get your hands on the new Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM?

We’re told Adorama is expecting these to be in stock today. I’ll update any other stock notices from other retailers as they roll in.

Canon EOS Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM $1199 at Adorama

Canon EOS Rebel T4i at Adorama in Stock

Bundle Kits

cr

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:10:05 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »

roger1

Re: Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM Availability
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
I just called a salesman at Adorama.
They definitely do not have them right now and don't know anything for sure about when or how many.

I also called Beach Camera today. They are expecting a shipment of cameras today or tomorrow and there may be 18-135 STM lenses in that shipment but wont know for sure until they are in.

However, Beach changed their website and they now say the T4i / 18-135 kit is a NON STM lens.

I'm wanting the kit ASAP because I'm leaving for a Hawaii vacation on July 9th.

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »
You're right, I'm a bit taken back by myself and a few others being told that they would have them in stock from Adorama themselves.
canonrumors.com

roger1

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
The salesman (Ari) at Adorama did tell me to call back this afternoon to get an update.

Well, I just got off the phone with Ari. He said that they did receive some updated information and the T4i / 18-135 STM is scheduled to arrive in the store on 6/30. Not what I hoped to hear.

ally

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
I just called a salesman at Adorama.
They definitely do not have them right now and don't know anything for sure about when or how many.

I also called Beach Camera today. They are expecting a shipment of cameras today or tomorrow and there may be 18-135 STM lenses in that shipment but wont know for sure until they are in.

However, Beach changed their website and they now say the T4i / 18-135 kit is a NON STM lens.

I'm wanting the kit ASAP because I'm leaving for a Hawaii vacation on July 9th.

I called Beach yesterday. Their store is local to me. When I asked them about the STM lens the guy was SUPER SHADY about whether or not it was STM. I basically read him the riot act and told him that the image online is clearly an STM lens and if they are going to sell an 18 - 135 kit they better tell people that they won't be getting an STM lens with it. Sounds like they listened...

roger1

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »
Well, I'm very disgusted with Beach Camera and I'm sure there will be a few out there along with me when they get their kit in with the wrong lens.

I just got a shipping notice from Beach after calling this morning and telling them to put my order on hold.

So, I immediately called Beach and talked to Josh again. He apologized but can't stop my order.  He's put a stop and return order in with Fedex but I paid for overnight so I may get it anyway.  A signature is required so I can refuse it.
Of course now I have to wait to get my credit card refunded until they get it back. And, then I might have to argue to get my overnight shipping charges back I don't know.

I've purchased many things from Beach Camera and this is the first problem I've had with them. This is a BIG screw up. They still have a lot of gall to presently be selling the T4i with the non-STM lens for the same price as it is for the STM version that pretty much everyone will be buying in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:34:11 PM by roger1 »

roger1

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
Update:

Josh at Beach was able to stop the shipment and has assured me of a full refund. Just have to keep checking my credit card info now (I can do that on the web) and make sure that happens.

So, the hunt continues for the first available T4i / 18-135 STM kit.  My Hawaii vacation starts July 9th and there are only 11 business days left between now and then.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »

ally

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 12:55:55 PM »
glad you were able to get a refund. i am in a similar situation. I leave for my vacation on July 3.

igl007

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
I have one on pre-order from TigerDirect.  I called and they told me they are getting some in on June 25th.  You know how that goes though.

roger1

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
Why did you choose Tigerdirect? Did you think it gives you a chance of getting it quicker by going with a third-party supplier than just waiting for a single supplier to get them in stock? Do you think Tigerdirect is better third-party supplier than Amazon?  I thought about putting in a pre-order on Amazon while keeping and eye on the individual online camera stores. It's easy to cancel on Amazon.

Anyhow, I would be pretty happy this point if I could get one shipped on the 25th.

igl007

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Why did you choose Tigerdirect? Did you think it gives you a chance of getting it quicker by going with a third-party supplier than just waiting for a single supplier to get them in stock? Do you think Tigerdirect is better third-party supplier than Amazon?  I thought about putting in a pre-order on Amazon while keeping and eye on the individual online camera stores. It's easy to cancel on Amazon.

Anyhow, I would be pretty happy this point if I could get one shipped on the 25th.
c

Wow,  I wish I put that much though in it.   Unfortunately,  it's nothing more than I have purchased from them before. 
I guess I would ask you the same question though,  should I of not ordered that way?
I don't have much experience ordering camera supplies online.   I always order pc parts.

roger1

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
Wow,  I wish I put that much though in it.   Unfortunately,  it's nothing more than I have purchased from them before. 
I guess I would ask you the same question though,  should I of not ordered that way?
I don't have much experience ordering camera supplies online.   I always order pc parts.
I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that you were in a hurry to get your's delivered.  I am because of my upcoming vacation. This is the first time I've been in this much of a hurry on a newly released camera.

To answer your question, I don't know.  I would guess Tigerdirect is as reliable as Amazon is.  Amazon allows their third party suppliers to be rated by the customers.  I would also guess those with low ratings would be dropped by them.

igl007

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
I am in the same boat as you.   I leave on June 30th.  I even sold my t3i to get it.
So I don't have a camera now!   I am refreshing several pages checking,  over and over again. :-)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »

roger1

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
That makes all three of us here with the same issue.
Even if we get them, there's not much time to get to know our cameras.

Ooh, I think I would have held off in selling a T3i just a little longer!
Myself, I am upgrading from an original Digital Rebel 300D.

igl007

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 09:15:20 AM »
Ooh, I think I would have held off in selling a T3i just a little longer!
Myself, I am upgrading from an original Digital Rebel 300D.

Now you tell me! lol

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 09:15:20 AM »