Well, I did get my money back from Beach Camera. Glad that didn't turn out to be a problem.
So again, I leave on vacation July 9th. It's not looking good at this point to get the T4i / 18-135 STM kit in time. If I can't get it before this weekend, I'm going to just forget about a new camera before the trip. There's really not enough time to get to know the camera anyway and definitely not enough time if I got it next week. My original Rebel 300D might be old and have some relative limitations, but I know it well and still get great photos with it.
So since this is the reality, I may even wait until the 70D comes out (most likely September) and see what it's going to offer. The T4i / 18-135 STM will have many reviews by that time too.