April 16, 2014, 09:42:22 PM

Author Topic: EOSHD 5DmkIII OLP delete verdict  (Read 6262 times)

syder

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: EOSHD 5DmkIII OLP delete verdict
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
I'm all but convinced a Sony FS100 or FS700 is going to become my video rig. DSLR video is just not keeping up.

Canon 5Dm3 = a sub £3k pro stills camera with very capable video features
Sony fs700 = a £6500 dedicated video camera

Seriously, on what planet would a dedicated video camera which costs more than twice as much be inferior to a hybrid device? Whining that a DSLR isn't better than a FS700 makes about as much sense as whining that a FS700 isn't better than an Alexa or an Epic.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

Jettatore

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
+1

psolberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 06:35:54 AM »
I'm all but convinced a Sony FS100 or FS700 is going to become my video rig. DSLR video is just not keeping up.

Seriously, on what planet would a dedicated video camera which costs more than twice as much be inferior to a hybrid device? Whining that a DSLR isn't better than a FS700 makes about as much sense as whining that a FS700 isn't better than an Alexa or an Epic.

sorry but that there is a better camera, doesn't excuse canon or any other DSLR from not delivering decent 1080p period. Mention not the fact lesser cameras can deliver better resolution than a 3500 dollar DSLR.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/7722/5d-mark-iii-vs-gh2-vs-nex-7

excuses excuses. I want results not excuses.

syder

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 08:15:16 AM »

sorry but that there is a better camera, doesn't excuse canon or any other DSLR from not delivering decent 1080p period. Mention not the fact lesser cameras can deliver better resolution than a 3500 dollar DSLR.

?! If you think the gh2 is a better camera for your video needs than a 5DM3 then buy one. But for the 99.9% of filmmakers who don't rely on wide landscape shots to make their money that simply isn't the case. Posting links to a hobbyist who has a massive resolution fixation isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference to people who actually make a living through video work. Resolution wasn't a problem for Act of Valour or the Avengers in using Canon DSLR's - what is it that you do that is so much more demanding than those productions?

If you genuinely believed that a gh2 is the way forwards, why state that you think you're going to buy a FS700? If you think it's unreasonable that a DSLR which can be had for £2500 isn't a better device than a £6500 dedicated video camera I'm sorry but I don't think I can help your ridiculous expectations. You may as well be arguing that a 650d should be better than a 1dx irrespective of cost. Oh hang on... the 650d has the same resolution for stills and video as the 1dx... How the hell can Canon possibly justify charging more for one than the other!?  :P

If you want results, go buy a camera and stop whining on the Internet. If you think a gh2 is an amazing camera, great: go buy one. If you think a FS700 fits your needs: great, go buy one. If you expect any manufacture to suddenly release a DSLR which will outperform video cameras which cost several times as much in every situation, put down the crackpipe and come back to reality.

LetTheRightLensIn

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »

?! If you think the gh2 is a better camera for your video needs than a 5DM3 then buy one. But for the 99.9% of filmmakers who don't rely on wide landscape shots to make their money that simply isn't the case. Posting links to a hobbyist who has a massive resolution fixation isn't going to make the blindest bit of difference to people who actually make a living through video work. Resolution wasn't a problem for Act of Valour or the Avengers in using Canon DSLR's - what is it that you do that is so much more demanding than those productions?

If you genuinely believed that a gh2 is the way forwards, why state that you think you're going to buy a FS700? If you think it's unreasonable that a DSLR which can be had for £2500 isn't a better device than a £6500 dedicated video camera I'm sorry but I don't think I can help your ridiculous expectations. You may as well be arguing that a 650d should be better than a 1dx irrespective of cost. Oh hang on... the 650d has the same resolution for stills and video as the 1dx... How the hell can Canon possibly justify charging more for one than the other!?  :P

If you want results, go buy a camera and stop whining on the Internet. If you think a gh2 is an amazing camera, great: go buy one. If you think a FS700 fits your needs: great, go buy one. If you expect any manufacture to suddenly release a DSLR which will outperform video cameras which cost several times as much in every situation, put down the crackpipe and come back to reality.

You do have to admit it is a bit soft and the lack of focus peaking, crop modes and zebras is pretty ridiculous after 3.5 years and $800 increase. Even Canon admits for regular shooting as people often do with DSLR focus peaking is critical (as part of their explanation for why they left it out of the 1C hah claiming the ways those shot would be different from DSLR so it wouldn't be critical). The latter stuff, at the least, was 100% all Canon marketing MBA droids causing their useless havoc again and just further agitating their user base and getting the cams "meh, ok" reviews instead of raves.

psolberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 06:51:30 AM »

again, just excuses. All just a bunch of nonsensical justification for a problem that shouldn't exist. I want a camera that can deliver decent 1080p. the fact a 3500 dollar camera can't, is not in any way justifiable period. And the fact a cheap micro 4/3's body can spank it in terms of detail is just downright shameful. Even the D800, which manages more effective resolution doesn't really match the output quality of the lesser m4/3's bodies. That is downright shameful for nikon/canon, but specially for canon since they are supposed to be the "leader" of dslr video....uh except off course if you want image quality it appears....

This isn't 2008 when the 5DmkII could be given a pass because it was first. This is 2012 and we're stuck with 2008 image quality which is not acceptable after you spend that kind of money. Again nobody is asking 1080p at 240fps or 4K video. Just DECENT 1080p as in what is produced by cheapper less cameras. To accept anything less is to settle, or make lemonade out of lemons at they say. Hardly a choice when there is no choice in the full frame dslr segment that delivers nothing more than muddy video.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:58:18 AM by psolberg »

bp

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »
psolberg, why do you keep reawakening the thread with the same hysterics over and over?
go buy a dedicated video camera and find some peace in your life.

5D3 - 5D2 - 7D - T2i   | 24L II | 35L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 24-105L | 70-200 IS II | Shorty Forty | 50 1.4 | Bower 14 | Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 | 2x III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »