Image & Video Galleries > Canon EF Prime Lenses

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

<< < (29/55) > >>

sandymandy:

--- Quote from: wellfedCanuck on November 11, 2012, 08:23:29 PM --- I'm planning on purchasing the 6D, so this will provide (I hope) a huge improvement.

--- End quote ---

Dou mind gifting me your old XT so i can gift it to my fiance`?

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
I took this selfie using the "clap" remote release in Magic Lantern and the pancake (f/5.6)

In My Natural Habitat by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

Sporgon:
We've recently purchased a 40mm pancake for Building Panoramics, so I'm posting the first two pictures that I took with it. I should mention that the camera was accidentally set on jpeg only, so they haven't taken too well to pulling the data about. I've had some pretty derogatory comments about leaving the red in the flowers, but I like it so here it is:
This 40 is really very good, very sharp, great colour and contrast in the centre at 2.8, and maybe this helps create a beautiful brokeh effect - better I think than photozone gave it credit for.
Ever since my film shooting days, when I used Nikon, I always found that slower lenses with smaller objective lenses produced a better image. One of my early cameras was a Nikon FM and it came with a 50mm f2 - sold as such to keep the price closer to the Pentax MX/ME and Olympus OM1. I never appreciated how good that lens was until I saved up to get a "better" 50 f1.4, and boy was I disappointed ! I believe that that 50 f2 ( which I still have ) was basically a pancake design fitted into the f1.8/f1.4 body.
I know there has been a lot of dismay at the high prices of some of the new Canon lenses, but IMHO this 40 is a gift from Canon. I'd recommend everyone get one !
Some may be interested to know that Warfleet Cove at Dartmouth, England, is so called because legend has it that this is where the ships gathered before sailing of on the Crusades - about 1200AD.

Bosman:
First Ring shot with the 40mm Pancake with 12mm Tube. Its not perfect and i plan to use live view for better macro accuracy but its nice.
I did a little processing to the dress and flower shot too so maybe you like it maybe you don't but the 40 did a nice job @ F2.8.

Scarpz13:
All this wonderful shots have convinced me to make this little economical guy my next lens purchase... for around $150 bucks it looks like a great value.

Has anyone here found the need for the hood? it seems kind of useless... is there a hood from another lens that might work/function here?

And how about a carrying/protective case? Do most of you just stick this in your bag, or is there a need for some kind of pearstone/case etc?

thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version