Image & Video Galleries > Canon EF Prime Lenses

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

<< < (29/57) > >>

sandymandy:

--- Quote from: wellfedCanuck on November 11, 2012, 08:23:29 PM --- I'm planning on purchasing the 6D, so this will provide (I hope) a huge improvement.

--- End quote ---

Dou mind gifting me your old XT so i can gift it to my fiance`?

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
I took this selfie using the "clap" remote release in Magic Lantern and the pancake (f/5.6)

In My Natural Habitat by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

Bosman:
First Ring shot with the 40mm Pancake with 12mm Tube. Its not perfect and i plan to use live view for better macro accuracy but its nice.
I did a little processing to the dress and flower shot too so maybe you like it maybe you don't but the 40 did a nice job @ F2.8.

Scarpz13:
All this wonderful shots have convinced me to make this little economical guy my next lens purchase... for around $150 bucks it looks like a great value.

Has anyone here found the need for the hood? it seems kind of useless... is there a hood from another lens that might work/function here?

And how about a carrying/protective case? Do most of you just stick this in your bag, or is there a need for some kind of pearstone/case etc?

thanks!!

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: Scarpz13 on December 07, 2012, 09:19:53 AM ---Has anyone here found the need for the hood? it seems kind of useless... is there a hood from another lens that might work/function here?

And how about a carrying/protective case? Do most of you just stick this in your bag, or is there a need for some kind of pearstone/case etc?

--- End quote ---

No point in the hood, at all.  I worked out the geometry some time back, and the dedicated hood for the 40/2.8 doesn't actually provide any optical benefit, from what I can tell.  It's too shallow to protect even a 14mm prime from flare.  Since it screws onto the extending front element, 'protection' is questionable, too.

The ES-62 hood (for the 50/1.8) with it's 52mm threaded adapter will fit on the 40/2.8.  It's much deeper, and reportedly doesn't vignette, but would likely provide some flare protection.

The 40/2.8 fits nicely in a Lowepro 8x6 case, but I just put it in my bag or more often, my pocket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version