Image & Video Galleries > Canon EF Prime Lenses

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

<< < (38/55) > >>

phixional ninja:

--- Quote from: Pinchers of Peril on May 04, 2013, 05:18:30 PM ---I think it will be a great walk around for when I want a small set up.
--- End quote ---

I discovered that my 5D3 with the 40mm pancake will just fit in a Lowpro Edit 120.  It's a tiny bag, I've found it great for sticking in a larger backpack or taking out with friends to a restaurant for stuff like this:

CarlTN:
I bought the 40mm pancake lens with my 6D, and I like it a lot.  Sharp to the corners wide open, nice color and contrast...not quite "L" quality, but the sharpness pretty much is.  Distortion also seems low.  Like others who have reviewed the lens at the various retail websites...I do find it to be a very tight fit when mounting.  As it begins to feel tight, I slowly unscrew a bit, then twist tight again...and it feels like it's not wearing the mount out too much.  I've mostly used other lenses with the 6D, but plan to use the little 40mm quite a bit more.

I also agree with the digital picture website's review, where they compare the 40mm pancake directly to the 50 f/1.8 ii.  The 40 absolutely kills it in most every aspect other than f/stop.  I'm glad I sold my "nifty fifty" over a year ago.  I don't miss it.  My Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 replaced it.  It is almost beyond "L" quality...but it is a manual lens.

dolina:
Nice to see photos of the Philippines here.

Namae by alabang, on Flickr

Sporgon:
it's not exactly a sports lens, but the images are just so good on the 5D mk2 I cant resist using it  ;D

wellfedCanuck:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellfedcanuck/9001424131/#
6D, 40mm f2.8 1/200 ISO100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version