Gear Talk > PowerShot

Canon G1x or Sony RX100 for vacation and light duty

<< < (3/3)

powershot2012:
Two completely different cameras with different prices, performance, etc.

--- Quote from: KKCFamilyman on June 21, 2012, 09:33:26 PM ---I have a Canon 5d Mk iii and am looking for a sidekick for quick outings and vacations. I have come to the Canon G1x but it's size is a little big or the Sony RX100 which looks promising. I want dslr like IQ and semi small package otherwise it's no better than a CSC. Anyone have any input would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning toward the Sony since it's actually pocketable and has a macro mode. I do like how the G1x has been said to have low end rebel quality and has a hot shoe. I am torn. Help.

--- End quote ---

verysimplejason:

--- Quote from: KKCFamilyman on July 14, 2012, 10:57:49 PM ---Thanks I ended up with the Sony nex f3. It's fast and came with 18-55 and 55-210 combo for $899. Even included an extra battery. I know it's not pocketable but takes decent pics and the wife will use it which is the most important.

--- End quote ---

You could also opted for an EOS-M.  That way, you can "share" lenses.  :)

KKCFamilyman:

--- Quote from: verysimplejason on October 16, 2012, 10:44:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: KKCFamilyman on July 14, 2012, 10:57:49 PM ---Thanks I ended up with the Sony nex f3. It's fast and came with 18-55 and 55-210 combo for $899. Even included an extra battery. I know it's not pocketable but takes decent pics and the wife will use it which is the most important.

--- End quote ---

You could also opted for an EOS-M.  That way, you can "share" lenses.  :)

--- End quote ---

That is what I think I M going to do. Just waiting to see how people respond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version