December 19, 2014, 03:49:55 AM

Author Topic: Is it too early for the first "The Canon 1DX sucks" posting?  (Read 23209 times)

aznable

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Is it too early for the first "The Canon 1DX sucks" posting?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
I was just wondering who would be the first...why not me? Here is a warm up for the inner masochist in you...

It is really too late in coming out so I am going to Nikon again.
I have dust in my sensor. Should I return it or cry now?
It is too expensive and I won't stand for it. (Expected response A: It is cheaper than the last one when converted to Yen in 1995 when adjusted for inflation and the price of rice in Taiwan)
HELP! I don't like the wedding pictures I just took with it. Any ideas? Am I in the right career?
There is banding in ISO over 25,600 and my shoes are too tight when I shoot with it.
I don't understand and don't like the auto focus system whatever it is.
Why is it less available than the new friggin' Rebel? Does that make it more expensive on purpose?
There a color cast when I look at images from the sofa just over the TV in the evening. The D800 doesn't do that.
I 'm not a pixel peeper but...
Maybe if they made a APS-H sensor version it would be perfect and I could afford one.
I think Canon screwed us again, but what L lens is best for shooting my spawn when they are running in the dark?
Will the auto focus be better than the 7D or at least my 40D? Should I sell my Mark II?
I haven't seen one but I am sure Canon screwed us.
What is the best lens you don't own?
Which is best queue to complain about? Adorama, B&H or Amazon?
I have ten thousand dollars I don't know what to do with. Do you?

ahahhahaha… great, but it's too late
Canon 1D Mark III - Canon 50D - sigma 24-70 EX DG - sigma 70-200 EX DG HSM OS - Sigma 50 Art

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »

Greatland

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
I am buying this camera for one main reason:  hoping that it has the absolute best auto-focus sytem in the world...also like the full frame and 12 fps....don't care about 14 fps.

MarkWebbPhoto

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
Wow, bashing a camera that you don't even own. Have you even used one? This camera is built for professional photojournalists and wedding photographers in mind. The majority of us don't need or want 36 megapixels because that is not great for working out in the field. When you submit photos to most wire services you only need about 2000 x 2000 pixels at most. The samples I have seen at ISO 6400 are super clean and the ones I saw at ISO 40k had no banding (maybe if you push it a stop or two).

Go ahead and switch to Nikon if you want, then after you find out how hard it is to get Nikon bodies and lenses you'll want to come back to Canon.

For 10k? I'd buy a lot of 600EX-RTs with a 1DX.

No worries Mark.  It's a joke thread; or at least that's the way I took it.

That's what I get for not reading the full post lol.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
Wow, bashing a camera that you don't even own. Have you even used one? This camera is built for professional photojournalists and wedding photographers in mind. The majority of us don't need or want 36 megapixels because that is not great for working out in the field. When you submit photos to most wire services you only need about 2000 x 2000 pixels at most. The samples I have seen at ISO 6400 are super clean and the ones I saw at ISO 40k had no banding (maybe if you push it a stop or two).

Go ahead and switch to Nikon if you want, then after you find out how hard it is to get Nikon bodies and lenses you'll want to come back to Canon.

For 10k? I'd buy a lot of 600EX-RTs with a 1DX.

No worries Mark.  It's a joke thread; or at least that's the way I took it.

It is irony.
However, with all the other posts (that he makes fun of) popping up everywhere, it does make us tend to be quick on the trigger.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
When the 1D X does come out, you're right.  Although maybe not enough people will have it due to the price.  I highly doubt serious photographers who purchase this camera will start a childish thread?  Oh boy I hope not.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »
When the 1D X does come out, you're right.  Although maybe not enough people will have it due to the price.  I highly doubt serious photographers who purchase this camera will start a childish thread?  Oh boy I hope not.

Its out, but deliveries are not going to happen to all buyers overnight.  Only the non owners will make the childish posts, thats normal.  Posting outlandish things is also called trolling, and is done by those needing attention.

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 05:39:09 AM »
So it doesn't have any option to show the dof below 2,8?

That was one of the reasons I wanted the X and not the 5d3. I guess the 5d3 is giving more and more value for money then, lol.

1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 05:39:09 AM »

TTMartin

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 09:02:09 AM »

That was one of the reasons I wanted the X and not the 5d3. I guess the 5d3 is giving more and more value for money then, lol.

According to one poster here, who has posted it about a half dozen times. I could find nothing from ANY other source to confirm that. So, until such times as there is some sort of official or reliable confirmation. Look at the title of the site, and consider it an unsubstantiated rumor.
Tom

RLPhoto

• Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »

You can change the focus screens on the 1DX with a S type screen for Visable DOF for fast primes. As neuro pointed out, canon hasn't added a custom function to correct the metering in camera. If you can compensate for the missed metering, you can use the S type screen fine.

It's a shame. Canon ditched this feature in the 5D3 and 1Dx. Perhaps they may release a firmware update to correct this, or hold this feature until the 5D4.

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 01:30:26 AM »
Normally there are 2 groups of people complaining:

1. people who can't afford the camera but want it
2. people who couldn't afford it yet somehow bought the camera and now are looking for any excuse to return it

V8Beast

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:22 AM »
I can't pull the shadows five stops. Waaawaaawaaawaaa!

briansquibb

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:16 AM »
I can't pull the shadows five stops. Waaawaaawaaawaaa!

I should have bought the Nikon 3200 because it has 33% more mps - Canon are ripping me off

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »
lol

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 10:40:37 AM »
The new Nokia phone gets a better score from DxO

;D  ;D  ;D

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »

According to one poster here, who has posted it about a half dozen times. I could find nothing from ANY other source to confirm that. So, until such times as there is some sort of official or reliable confirmation. Look at the title of the site, and consider it an unsubstantiated rumor.

Technically true - the specifications of the EC-CV are not published as yet.  But FYI, the 'V' in EC-CV is a Roman numeral designation following on from previous 1-series bodies (i.e., EC-CIII, EC-CIV were the predecessors, and a new one is needed because the AF area has changed).  The Ec-S screen is 'brighter' than the EC-CIV (which is, in turn, a little brighter than the -A screens for other cameras).  The EC-CIV does not show the true DoF for lenses faster than f/2.8, and therefore it seems very unlikely that the EC-CV will be any different.

But, I've emailed Chuck Westfall for clarification. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »