September 01, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

Author Topic: 1D X Unboxing  (Read 8265 times)

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 1D X Unboxing
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »
Either that or gag gift somebody.  Get their address and know if they pre-ordered a 1D X and send them a fake box stuffed with styrofoam pellets.  Now that would be classic.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 09:48:02 PM »
@ expatinasia
Congratulations  :) !
Although it was difficult for me to watch the unpacking,knowing i'll have to wait another month or two, i am happy for you and i very much look forward to see some more videos from your 1DX, especially the differences between the 1Ds MKIII and the 1DX would be nice to see/hear about, also real video resolution. in short..everything  :D

Thanks, but like I said in my previous and only other post in this thread, it is not my video.

I would have done the unboxing slightly differently, and most definitely included at least a few side by side shots taken with his 1D Mark II or III (can't remember what he said he has now) and the new 1D X just to whet the appetite of the review to come.

Plus, I do not own an apple or any fruity tech products! ;-)
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

ramon123

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »
I'd put a camera on the actually UPS packaging and then watch the delivery route whilst speeding up the video. See it going into the delivery terminals then onto an airplane, being delivered to the office, being sorted and then on route to the lucky persons house!  ;D

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 02:08:35 AM »
I'd put a camera on the actually UPS packaging and then watch the delivery route whilst speeding up the video. See it going into the delivery terminals then onto an airplane, being delivered to the office, being sorted and then on route to the lucky persons house!  ;D

Sounds great, but then it would not be so much of an unboxing, as an ad for UPS! ;-)
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

smithy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »
It looked like he was opening it for the first time to me... if he bought it from an authorised dealer, the person at the camera shop would have opened it up to fill out the warranty card.
5D Mark III, 40D, 1V.  Bunch of strobes, lenses and other bits.
They're, their, there, it's, its, too, to, than, then, you're, your.  One lens, two lenses, the lens's aperture.

ianmacd

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 06:39:48 AM »
It looked like he was opening it for the first time to me... if he bought it from an authorised dealer, the person at the camera shop would have opened it up to fill out the warranty card.

Doubt he drove to Leeds to pick it up. Also my last 1d, the reseller didn't open the box before I picked it up. I did that when I got it back to the office.

Ian.

smithy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »

Doubt he drove to Leeds to pick it up. Also my last 1d, the reseller didn't open the box before I picked it up. I did that when I got it back to the office.

Ian.
Sorry I don't follow the reference to driving to Leeds.  Have I missed something?  I was just talking about what I saw on the video.
They're, their, there, it's, its, too, to, than, then, you're, your.  One lens, two lenses, the lens's aperture.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »

ianmacd

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 06:54:32 AM »

Ian.
Sorry I don't follow the reference to driving to Leeds.  Have I missed something?  I was just talking about what I saw on the video.

Didn't he say he ordered it from a supplier in Leeds and he lives in London?

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
For what it was worth I contacted the company who supplied the 1Dx in the unboxing video, I've bought a few items from them before, Lee filters, lens etc, Stephen from there just mailed me to say that yes they are just supplying preorders and he reckons that could take 3-4 months as they are going to be in very short supply!
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

Archangel72

• Canon AE-1
  • Amateur on horizon!!! Brace yourselves for impact!
    • View Profile
    • Dreamstime
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
Second video... after unboxing 1Dx.

http://youtu.be/35h9EcCxqZI

Can't wait for your 3rd video.
Make it longer ... please  ;D

Thanks CanonDigCameraMan  ;)

Archangel72
Canon EOS 1Dx, 16-35 f2.8 L II, 70-200 f2.8 L II, Extender EF 2x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT, Gitzo 3541L, Ballhead 3780QR, B&W S03 F-PRO Serie E 77mm & 82mm circular polarizer, SANDISK EXTREME PRO 16 GBx2, RODE stereo microphone, TC-80N3 timer cable remote control, Manfrotto PRO VII LINO collection

chrysek

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 06:43:55 PM »

Archangel72

I dont get this guy, he has the camera for couple of days and he said that he only took couple of photos? 50-100? jeez, this is insane, I would just probably hit the 400k shutter mark by those few day sas I would shoot everything and anything, especially at the speed of 14fps :) haha... but seriously, you get a brand new camera, you would imagine that you take any and every opportunity to test it, learn it and figure it out.. I currently have 5D Mark II and I did rent 5D mark III and itts different on AF at least, so to learn it you need to play with it to figure it out... also wouldnt we all be interested at that low iso? I would try to test it at 51k iso at least, would shoot 100's of photos just at night time, or whatever.. this is unreal, still no floods of RAW images from this camera, still no much info... is this real?

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »

Archangel72

Thanks for posting, ignore the criticism you got on your last video, there are some right clowns on here at times. I have a preorder with Jessops but I'm not hopeful of getting it soon, they had 25 on preorder when I ordered mine. Anyway, enjoy the 1Dx the way you want to enjoy it and not the way other people want you to.

Good luck and I look forward to your next post.
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

robin

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »

Archangel72

Thanks for the video, was quit interesting and amusing (the comments;-) ) Hope to see more of that especially what you mean about ISo 16000 ..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »

smithy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 08:05:21 AM »
I dont get this guy, he has the camera for couple of days and he said that he only took couple of photos? 50-100? jeez, this is insane, I would just probably hit the 400k shutter mark by those few day sas I would shoot everything and anything, especially at the speed of 14fps :) haha... but seriously, you get a brand new camera, you would imagine that you take any and every opportunity to test it, learn it and figure it out.. I currently have 5D Mark II and I did rent 5D mark III and itts different on AF at least, so to learn it you need to play with it to figure it out... also wouldnt we all be interested at that low iso? I would try to test it at 51k iso at least, would shoot 100's of photos just at night time, or whatever.. this is unreal, still no floods of RAW images from this camera, still no much info... is this real?
Interesting perspective.  I've had a 5D Mark III for more than a month now and have only taken a few hundred photos with it.  I guess I come from the school of photography that says 'only photograph subjects worth taking photographs of'.  Sure, I've done some experimenting with settings, but that only takes a few shots to figure things out.

chrysek

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »
Interesting perspective.  I've had a 5D Mark III for more than a month now and have only taken a few hundred photos with it.  I guess I come from the school of photography that says 'only photograph subjects worth taking photographs of'.  Sure, I've done some experimenting with settings, but that only takes a few shots to figure things out.

:)

I guess there are different people and they use cameras different ways :)
Nothing wrong with it. Just somehow when I did play with 5D Mark III it was way different from 5D Mark II, especially on the auto focus side. Light is light, iso is iso, all that stuff is the same but until I got a grip on the AF I had some issues. So I wanted to play with it to figure it out and get familiar with it. The same will be with 1DX when I will finaly get it. Will certainly be trying it out and try to learn and get familiar with it. Maybe I am just a big kid and love to play with my toys :)))

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »