Image & Video Galleries > Portrait

My photos look so dull

<< < (14/20) > >>

Ryan708:

--- Quote from: sandymandy on June 25, 2012, 10:15:40 AM ---
Is it just my lens thats so crappy? 50mm 1.8II L(ens hood attached)? OR my 1100D camera? It just doesnt look so shiny awesome like i want. Like so "mellow" contrast only. Or is it just the post processing? Feel free to give my photos a try.

Thanks already

--- End quote ---

My 50 f/1.8ii gives the same feel. It is an excellent lens as far as sharpness goes and the 1.8 is nice. But it has no saturation or contrast. I shot a wedding last weekend and the 50mm's images all needed retouching, to make them look punchy, where some of the shots from my 17-70 sigma almost seemed too punchy and saturated. every lens has it's strong points. My canon 28mm f/2.8 is very vivid and sharp! but not very versatile. I like lightroom but if you shoot Jpeg try making a custom picture style, thats a normal landscape style, but add +2 saturation. That livens up the 50mm a lot!

verysimplejason:
Even Picasa can give photos some life though I use it only for previewing.  I've just tried doing it with several of jpegs here.  1 min photo editing.  I can't download the raw files because I'm at the office right now. :)

stewy:
A chance to try some post processing. Here's my attempt. I enjoyed seeing what others have done. I'm always trying to improve my skills in post processing. It feels like a battle I can never win. I've come to realize that its not easy at all. I should probably do some workshops to get some tips from some pros.

bdunbar79:

--- Quote from: westr70 on October 03, 2012, 08:32:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: @!ex on June 29, 2012, 02:27:23 PM ---My swing at it.  levels, curves, contrast, adjusted color, fixed tones and skin, a bit of dodging and burning.  All and all about 2-3 min of work.

--- End quote ---

Seriously nice work.  Do a tutorial.

--- End quote ---

Why?  No disrespect, but the image on the right is awful.  Sorry.

wayno:

--- Quote from: bdunbar79 on May 26, 2013, 03:29:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: westr70 on October 03, 2012, 08:32:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: @!ex on June 29, 2012, 02:27:23 PM ---My swing at it.  levels, curves, contrast, adjusted color, fixed tones and skin, a bit of dodging and burning.  All and all about 2-3 min of work.

--- End quote ---

Seriously nice work.  Do a tutorial.

--- End quote ---

Why?  No disrespect, but the image on the right is awful.  Sorry.

--- End quote ---

Each to their own, to be sure... But that's harsh. And maybe a wee bit tactless. At least you said sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version