September 02, 2014, 08:24:01 AM

Author Topic: Ken Rockwell shooting from the hip  (Read 1521 times)

EvilTed

Ken Rockwell shooting from the hip
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »
I'm actually starting to appreciate his honesty :)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/comparisons/d800-vs-5d-mark-iii.htm

ET

canon rumors FORUM

Ken Rockwell shooting from the hip
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »

Noink Fanb0i

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Ken Rockwell shooting from the hip
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
The D800E and D800 might be better if you are a pixel-counting computer hobbyist who enjoys poring over details in software all day, but as someone who needs to crank-out photos as opposed to an IT professional, the 5D Mark III is the clear winner today, for me.

But, but ,but, I always need +10EV digital EC and +20000 fill light on every photo I shoot so the D800 must be betterest! See, you can notice it here on the 6-bit, dithering TN LCD panel we techie geek gadget collectors use! - IT hobbyist
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 11:40:28 PM by Noink Fanb0i »
T3 is the bobn2 of Canon fanb0is.

Noink Fanb0i

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:50:21 PM »
The D800 and D800E are swell for people shooting only one thing at a time very carefully, while the 5D Mark III is for most people who have more than one kind of thing to shoot. Got Aspergers or live on a tripod? Are you an engineer, programmer or IT professional? Get the D800E. Are you a photographer, artist, musician, have a family or appreciate a well-thought out product that moves as fast as you do? Get the 5D Mark III.

ROTFLMAOLOL!!!  ;D  :D  ;D Couldn't agree more.
T3 is the bobn2 of Canon fanb0is.

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:05:02 AM »
My D800E looks about like what I got from my D40: usually pretty good color, but often there's something less magic about them, like a slight green or yellow tint to the final result

I get that effect too. I buy a roll of film for $2 and leave it near the heater for a few days/weeks before I shoot it.
You mean I can pay $3000 to get that effect in digital too?

My D800E didn't arrive until May 2012, at which point my old D800 was donated to charity.
Help me help you
If you haven't helped yet, please do, and consider helping me with a gift of $5.00.

So, you take donations from us people "out of the goodness of our hearts" so you can buy 3 $3000 cameras, and just give one away a month or two later?
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

heptagon

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:28:24 AM »
Does he shoot jpeg or raw? The 5D3 is obviously better at cooking jpegs, so that might play some role...

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 04:35:36 AM »
...the 5D Mark III is the clear winner today, for me.

This is KR, people.  Yesterday, the clear winner was the D800, and tomorrow it might be again.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

psolberg

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
I'm actually starting to appreciate his honesty :)

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/comparisons/d800-vs-5d-mark-iii.htm

ET

lol so now he is "honest" because he is trying to get you to buy the more expensive camera so that he gets more comission from his link? Ken has and is pro nikon, and not even the nikon guys take him seriously. It is like listening to the ramblings of old men who have gone crazy. This is the guy that was rambling about the death of digital and raise of film just recently.

why do you even pay attention to that clown.

if you want to read opinions about these two cameras, head over to much cooler heads
http://diglloyd.com/

This is KR, people.  Yesterday, the clear winner was the D800, and tomorrow it might be again.
exactly. He does this EVERY release cycle to give fools what they want to read so they buy it using his links. Look it up. He was in love with the D3 and D700. pushed them as much as he could. then when everybody fell for them, he started pushing the canons. Then some new crop format camera comes out and suddently blows every FF out of the water, now that IS the best and he rambles about nonsense like

"only pixel peepers use full frame, real photographers know crop is where it is at".

between cycles he pushes film as the next big thing.

you see, rockwell doesn't really care about what is actually the better purchase. Rockwell cares that you are told what you want to hear so you buy using his links.  8)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:07:02 AM by psolberg »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »