December 22, 2014, 04:34:22 PM

Author Topic: Canon EOS-1D X Review  (Read 21652 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS-1D X Review
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »
The sensor isn't nearly as similar as people are describing..

You're correct, there have been sensor changes from the 5d2 to the 5d3 - a little bit more mp with the tradeoff of a little decrease in dr and some loss of sharpness due to the stronger aa filter :-p ... ok, and to be fair somewhat less banding and a nicer nose pattern.

It also has more readout channels for faster readout, and improved on chip circuitry for low noise readout, its basically a whole new sensor, and noticibly better.  Only in camera jpegs have a resolution issue from too much default NR.  Raw images are supurb.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »
Not usre if this has been posted elsewhere but here is Fred Miranda's 1DX review:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/1dx-review/

Nick England

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »
I'm begrudgingly coming round to the fact that this is the camera I have to upgrade to.

I'm currently shooting off two ancient 1D mk2's, which have done me proud, but I'm getting left behind in the tech race. They're good for the majority of stuff I shoot, but lacking in other areas, and I'm having to hire cameras to cope with the shoots where I need more than the mk2's can handle.

I was going to upgrade to the Mark 4, and maybe get a Ds Mk3 as backup, but having seen some of the high quality ISO shots (in particular Andy Rouse's owl shots), I think I'm going to can the idea of the Mk4.. My work is pretty varied, and the idea of being able to shoot at that high an ISO in certain situations is very tempting.

Still maybe get a Ds3 as backup (although I'll reserve judgement after using the 5dMk3 I'm hiring for a shoot this week).

The X looks like a phenomenal piece of kit, and considering I was going to spend £2, 800 on a Mk4, I think I'm going to have to justify the extra £1, 200.

Now then... Anyone want to buy a couple of Mamiya RB-67's with lenses etc etc etc?  :)

Nick

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »